PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experience of dead remote?

spinaltap
2009-05-19, 09:33
I already have a Squeezebox Classic, but volunteered to accept delivery of another Squeezebox Classic for my brother.

Unfortunately, the supplied remote doesn't work (even though I changed the batteries). My own remote works perfectly on this new Squeezebox - so, it's clearly a problem with the supplied remote.

Before I go through the trauma of shipping the remote to the other end of the country for exchange, has anyone else had similar experience. Were you able to solve the problem, or did you have to return the remote?

86atc250r
2009-05-19, 10:05
Yes, my first classic was this way - it's remote was DOA.

Call support - they'll hook you up.

tcutting
2009-05-19, 12:35
Was this a new SB3? If so, contact support - hopefully they can send out new remote.
There have been reports of (older?) SB3 (classic) remotes having problems with the LED - the connection between the LED and the circuit board can crack, but can usually be repaired by reflowing the solder (if you have access to soldering iron and some experience soldering). If new, definitely contact support first.

spinaltap
2009-05-20, 00:37
Thanks for the response; but since I didn't buy directly from Logitech (but from a third-party online supplier at the other end of the country) I'll have to deal directly with the supplier, rather than Logitech support.

tcutting
2009-05-20, 08:50
You don't have to buy directly from Logitech to get support from them. Is the unit you bought used?

BastiaanR
2009-05-28, 07:53
spinaltap: did you manage to get the remote swapped. Either through Logitech, or through the original shop?

spinaltap
2009-05-28, 11:39
I sent a request to Logitech support several days ago - but it appears that they can't be bothered to respond.

I've since returned the faulty remote to Advanced MP3 Players in Edinburgh for exchange. I've yet to receive the replacement.

BastiaanR
2009-05-28, 16:19
I sent a request to Logitech support several days ago - but it appears that they can't be bothered to respond.

I've since returned the faulty remote to Advanced MP3 Players in Edinburgh for exchange. I've yet to receive the replacement.

The thing is, _I_ replied to your support request (now a week ago), giving you the various options we have, and I was waiting for a reply back from yourself.

Earlier today I sent a reminder by e-mail to you again. And since I thought it was odd you never replid back to me, I thought I'd ask in this forum as well.

Please let me know if there's any problem getting the remote swapped through the store.

spinaltap
2009-05-31, 10:01
How strange!

I haven't received any emails from you at all - and I check my messages several times daily.

I can only surmise that you are sending messages to my former ISP email address (I was with Be, but now with o2).

It's been nearly a week since AMP3 confirmed receipt of my remote, but I have yet to hear when they intend to post a replacement.

BastiaanR
2009-05-31, 12:14
I can only surmise that you are sending messages to my former ISP email address (I was with Be, but now with o2).

I cannot check it until tuesday, but any reply to you would be to the address listed in your support account: http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_emea.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php

spinaltap
2009-06-01, 03:13
When I attempt to log onto my Logitech account....

With my current email address/password: the site reports that this combination is not valid.

If I enter my current email address, and seek confirmation of my password: the site reports that the user id supplied is not valid.

If I enter my old email address/password: I successfully gain access to the site.

If I then attempt to update my details, by replacing my old email address with my current email address: the site reports that such an account (email address) already exists on the database.

Your assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

BastiaanR
2009-06-01, 08:04
Your assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Sure.. Just drop me an e-mail, and I'll have a look when we're back at work tomorrow.

spinaltap
2009-06-03, 13:22
For anyone else reading this thread, who has similarly experienced a dead remote...

Bas from Logitech has to be applauded for picking-up on my predicament on this forum.

He offered alternative solutions to my problem. This was very much appreciated.

He's also sorted out my log-in problems on the Logitech website.

Overall, this has been an excellent customer experience from Logitech.

In the end, I didn't take up Bas' kind offer - as AMP3 in Edinburgh exchanged my dead remote within 7 working days (without having to ship the entire Squeezebox back to the retailer). They also refunded my insured postage costs.