PDA

View Full Version : New Duet user - impressed

daern
2009-05-19, 06:52
Hi all,

In my general experience, people don't post up with good news stories, preferring to wait until it breaks before they introduce themselves. I'm now about 2 weeks into my ownership of a Duet, having given up with my Soundbridge Radio due to lack of support from Roku / Pinnacle...

In short, I'm really impressed. The system seems to work extremely well, and can work in many different configurations depending on user choice. The hardware itself seems stable, but Logitech / Slim Devices seem to want to keep developing the software to ensure that users get an even better experience over time. Top marks!

Anyway, there you go. Not too often that consumer electronics really impress me, so I'm very pleased. Just waiting for a firmware release that will sort the headphone plug-in detection in the latest beta firmwares, and I'll be well pleased indeed.

Thanks all,

Daern

ps. FYI, running a hybrid network, with wired base and a multiple access point wifi network (although the controller rarely leaves a single AP - I believe that roaming is still buggy atm). Running SqueezeCenter on Windows 2003 in VMWare ESXi.

iPhone
2009-05-19, 08:33
Hi all,

In my general experience, people don't post up with good news stories, preferring to wait until it breaks before they introduce themselves. I'm now about 2 weeks into my ownership of a Duet, having given up with my Soundbridge Radio due to lack of support from Roku / Pinnacle...

In short, I'm really impressed. The system seems to work extremely well, and can work in many different configurations depending on user choice. The hardware itself seems stable, but Logitech / Slim Devices seem to want to keep developing the software to ensure that users get an even better experience over time. Top marks!

Anyway, there you go. Not too often that consumer electronics really impress me, so I'm very pleased. Just waiting for a firmware release that will sort the headphone plug-in detection in the latest beta firmwares, and I'll be well pleased indeed.

Thanks all,

Daern

ps. FYI, running a hybrid network, with wired base and a multiple access point wifi network (although the controller rarely leaves a single AP - I believe that roaming is still buggy atm). Running SqueezeCenter on Windows 2003 in VMWare ESXi.

Hi Daern and welcome to the Forum and the world of Squeezebox. And you're very correct in my opinion that there are many satisfied people that never post. I also believe there are tons of happy folks that don't even know about the Forum because all has gone well for them so they never had a reason to look for some assistance.

Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you are enjoying your Squeezebox experience.

CannonsJS
2009-05-20, 08:12
Great post. I feel exactly the same way.

Your point about them being keen to keep developing the software and making improvements was also a big plus for me.

They have developed an excellent product which continues to improve as new software is released.