PDA

View Full Version : SB3 defective?

topa
2009-05-17, 04:04
I am having a strange problem with one of my SB3s, I think something broke down.

All of the sudden, it has trouble connecting to the server wirelessly. Sometimes it doesn't come to life at all, but if so it reaches the "obtaining IP adresse" part and then goes blank most of the time. If I ever get it to go past that menu, it will only play a few seconds of a song before freezing. Trying to get it back to work no results in again a blank screen.

What can this be? Both other Sb3s works flawless, I've even swapped them all around to see if the periphery is down. Nothing.

Regards,
Tobi

toby10
2009-05-17, 06:14
I am having a strange problem with one of my SB3s, I think something broke down.

All of the sudden, it has trouble connecting to the server wirelessly. Sometimes it doesn't come to life at all, but if so it reaches the "obtaining IP adresse" part and then goes blank most of the time. If I ever get it to go past that menu, it will only play a few seconds of a song before freezing. Trying to get it back to work no results in again a blank screen.

What can this be? Both other Sb3s works flawless, I've even swapped them all around to see if the periphery is down. Nothing.

Regards,
Tobi

I'd suggest a Factory Reset on the SB3 and a router re-boot.
Factory Reset: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands#Squeezebox_2.2C_Squeezebox _3.2FSqueezebox_Classic

Love your name BTW. :)

Millwood
2009-05-17, 08:21
In case you didn't, make sure you try with "bad" SB3 with a good power supply.

topa
2009-05-18, 02:19
Yes, I tried different PS too.
I also did both the factory reset and the "xilink" or whatever that's called reset, just to be sure.

Nothing improved the situation so I decided to open it up and take out the Wifi Card, clean it, and put it back in. Just to be sure. And voila, it's been running nicely since yesterday.

Regards,
Tobi.

PS: Cheers Toby!