PDA

View Full Version : Player unresponsive, simply streams on...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-05-16, 00:50
My main problems have hitherto been with the controller, and I've reported those problems (in rather vivid language) for anyone to read (or not :-). The player has been steady as a rock, and I've always been able to manage it through the web i/f (mainly using SN).

However, lately the player has been "misbehaving", and I wonder if anyone else have seen this and maybe someone knows what the problem might be and how to correct it. Nothing in my system has changed, and I have 20 meters to the next neighbor, so there's no interference from there. Signal strength reported by the player has always been above 60%. The laptop at the player position says 100% signal, 54 Mbps. Wooden house. No microvawe running.

Streaming internet radio from SN, the player becomes unresponsive to commands from the controller and from the SN web interface. It happily streams on but I cannot turn it off, change volume, radio channel, etc. Nada.

It is attached to the router (Netgear WGR614v9), I can see that. It has the correct static IP. I can ping it, average round trip around 17ms. But... it shows blue wireless icon (I think I've previously seen white icon with the same problem, but cannot confirm that). Blue means trying to connect, right?

SN now says that the player is "not connected", this was not the case when I started this post. Ping still works, so I guess there's a problem with connecting to SN. The stream (from RadioIO still goes on, though).

Player FW: 58 (last time I looked)
Controller FW: r3993

avta
2009-05-16, 07:15
You might first try to upgrade to the latest software version. There's quite a bit of discussion about connectivity problems with the earlier software versions. Here's the link if you don't have it http://downloads.slimdevices.com/ I would suggest you uninstall your current version first. Good luck.

OppfinnarJocke
2009-05-18, 03:57
You might first try to upgrade to the latest software version.

OK, thanks, but... the latest official (not beta) FW for Duet player is still 58, not? This is determined by the latest official version of SqueezeCeneter, 7.3.2, not?

Or am I missing something here?

avta
2009-05-18, 07:09
It's a beta on the nightly page. You get the most recent version of whichever one suits your OS. As I mentioned I prefer to uninstall the current version before installing the new one.

Millwood
2009-05-19, 07:33
IIRC, I saw this once and it took a complete reset cycle to "fix" the receiver. That means factory reset of both receiver and controller, and reconfigure from scratch. PITA.

delo999
2009-05-19, 15:06
I don't know if this helps,
I was having the same (and quite a few other problems), even after I upgraded the remote control software. However, after a second installation of the same version, the duet receiver and controller work perfectly (crossing fingers).
It does seem a bit delicate as far as network connections go, but the repeated upgrade seems to have worked.