PDA

View Full Version : "New Music" list...

pablolie
2009-05-14, 08:33
Is there a way to manually edit the automatically generated "New Music" list? It seems to be a tad temeperamental on what it picks up on occasion.

Siduhe
2009-05-14, 08:52
I'm not aware of any way to do this. "New Music" should just read the date/time-last-modified stamp on your music files and select the required number of most recent additions. The only way to fool it would be to manually adjust the time/date stamp on the files AFAIK.

The most likely explanation for stuff turning up in New Music which shouldn't is that you (or a program) has modified the files (adding or updating album art can cause this for example).

pablolie
2009-05-14, 21:32
... adding or updating album art can cause this for example).

Ahhhh - sounds right, at least that is clearer now!

funkstar
2009-05-15, 02:12
The most likely explanation for stuff turning up in New Music which shouldn't is that you (or a program) has modified the files (adding or updating album art can cause this for example).
Any tagger worth using will have the ability to turn this off.

Another point to note: SC takes the time stamp from the newest file in an album. So if you were to re-rip a problem track, that would be where the album is placed in the New Music list.

muggo
2009-05-21, 15:49
In my experience, new music I add to the server often doesn't appear in the list New Music on my SB3. Sometimes it ends up down the list rather than at the top, but v often can't be found at all. I was told it may be a tagging issue but I tag many of my files myself & sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. I assumed it was a bug that couldn't be fixed.