PDA

View Full Version : Playlist?????

SiCHIPS
2009-05-13, 19:23
Can someone explain how to create, save and then play the playlist on a Transporter?

I would like to be able to use Apple iTunes Genius to create playlist, save them and then play them.

I have NO IDEA where iTunes puts them or how to get them to the playlist folder specified in the SqueezeCenter setup.

I am using an iMac Mini connected to a 3T Drobo and all is well except playing PlayList.

BTW --- Wouldn't it be nice to have the Transporter automatically log out of SqueezeCenter and Log onto SqueezeNetwork so that the time display would continue to work instead of showing a lost connection to SqueezeCenter!

jdbaker
2009-05-13, 20:11
All play lists created in iTunes are embedded in the iTunes Library xml file, \Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml. If you are using iTunes to control your SC library you need to point SC to this file in the basic settings. This may help, http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Beginners_Guide_To_iTunes

aubuti
2009-05-14, 08:31
Can someone explain how to create, save and then play the playlist on a Transporter?

I would like to be able to use Apple iTunes Genius to create playlist, save them and then play them.

I have NO IDEA where iTunes puts them or how to get them to the playlist folder specified in the SqueezeCenter setup.

I am using an iMac Mini connected to a 3T Drobo and all is well except playing PlayList.

BTW --- Wouldn't it be nice to have the Transporter automatically log out of SqueezeCenter and Log onto SqueezeNetwork so that the time display would continue to work instead of showing a lost connection to SqueezeCenter!
I can't help you on any of iTunes-related stuff, but for the last point, take a look at the SrvrPowerControl plugin. You'll find it in the 3rd Party Plugins forum. It's great. Even monitors your SB players to automatically suspend/hibernate/shutdown your SC server after X minutes of inactivity, and then (optionally) switching over to SN.