PDA

View Full Version : Sticky for unit nicknames

sgm
2009-05-12, 10:12
I have been a user of these products since the very first Squeezebox by Slim Devices. Lots has happened since then. I am not only a satisfied user of the product line (I now use Duet), but I have always admired how the people behind the products operate.......therefore I stay interested in "what's going on over there in Squeezeland".

Folks throw around terms like SB2 and SBC all the time in these forums. Convenient nicknames for all the various versions of all the various products no doubt. But even as a long time user of the products I am never exactly sure which product nicknames such as SB2 or SB3 are referring to (and most importantly which of the products I bought have these nicknames).

I'm suggesting that a sticky be created as a glossery to these nicknames with sufficient detail that I can relate full names such as "Transporter" to its nickname as used here, and to include all products and all versions back to the very first Slim Devices product.

Peter314
2009-05-12, 10:41
In our house, the SB+ is "Squeezebob Squarebox" :)

radish
2009-05-12, 11:34
The wiki has the answers...

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/HardwareComparison

sgm
2009-05-12, 14:29
Thanks. I've always gone directly to these forums. I did not know that Slim/Logitech had a Wiki (makes sense). Given the Wiki, I drop my request, but it still might be a good idea to post a short, text only table as a sticky here in the forum rather than depend on another website.

peter
2009-05-13, 00:36
sgm wrote:
> I'm suggesting that a sticky be created as a glossery to these
> nicknames with sufficient detail that I can relate full names such as
> "Transporter" to its nickname as used here, and to include all products
> and all versions back to the very first Slim Devices product.
>

The most important thing is to forget that SD ever renamed the SB3 to SB
Classic. That was a big mistake because now SBC can refer to the Duet
Controller or the SB Classic.

X.