PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Playlist/Random Locks Player and Server

soxfan
2009-05-11, 16:58
I've been running into an issue for a while now with the Dynamic Playlist plugin when playing random songs. The playlist works fine unless/until I press any button (pause, skip, etc.) on the remote. When I do this the player immediately locks up and becomes unresponsive to any further remote key presses. As soon as I press the button on the remote the squeezecenter process jumps to the top of the stack as far as using resources on my server. If I act quickly enough I am able to stop the service on the server. However, if I wait a bit the process continues to eat up resources to the point where I can't do anything on the server. I have to power the system off with the power button in order to shut it down.

I'm currently running version 7.3.3 of SC under Fedora 10, but as I said the issue has been happening for a while, probably going back to 7.3 or 7.3.1. I'm using the Extension Dowloader, so I've been staying current Dynamic Playlist plugin.

This issue happens with both a SB3 and Boom. I've found that I can control the playlist using the web client, but that isn't always convenient.

I've tried setting the logging to Debug on several levels, but I'm really not seeing much of interest in the server log when this problem occurs. The only thing I consistently see is the following:

[09-05-11 17:54:43.4345] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1139) Warning: [17:54:43.4335] Deep recursion on subroutine "Slim::Hardware::IR::executeButton" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/Buttons/Input/Choice.pm line 285.

Any help in solving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John