PDA

View Full Version : Softsqeeuze 0.5.2



rtitmuss
2004-05-25, 15:47
Right, try again! Tonights fixes are:

- Fixed volume control, this should be _much_ better.
- Added a new ssh tunnel on port 9001 for web browsing. This is a workaround
for a bug in the ssh library, and should make the slim server web pages more
responsive over the tunnelled connection.
- Reverted a cosmetic change that resulted in high cpu usage and a blurred
display on the mac.
- Fixed track elapsed time, I spotted the error before bedtime :)


Regards,
Richard

John Gorst
2004-05-26, 04:46
Richard Titmuss wrote:

> Right, try again! Tonights fixes are:
>
> - Fixed volume control, this should be _much_ better.

Great improvement! Right from 0-40 is actually audible now! Now its no
longer like one of those showers where you turn a fraction to the left
and it scolds you, a fraction the other way and it is freezing!

> - Reverted a cosmetic change that resulted in high cpu usage and a blurred
> display on the mac.

I was also seeing this on XP. But it is now fixed and back to speed.

> - Fixed track elapsed time, I spotted the error before bedtime :)

Works perfectly here too.

Great!

John Gorst
2004-05-26, 05:24
John Gorst wrote:

>> - Fixed track elapsed time, I spotted the error before bedtime :)
>
> Works perfectly here too.

Not quite perfectly actually.... but acceptable. Will try and see
when/why it makes mistakes.

On a different note the webstart function does not seem to request the
new version when a new version of softsqueeze is installed. This can be
corrected by turning the cahce off then on in slimserver.

Is it possible for slimserver to not cahce the softsqueeze directory
(bit pointless having a cahce of a binary?) or for the webstart function
to request a non-cached version?

Cheers

rtitmuss
2004-05-26, 06:32
> On a different note the webstart function does not seem to request the
> new version when a new version of softsqueeze is installed. This can be
> corrected by turning the cahce off then on in slimserver.
>
> Is it possible for slimserver to not cahce the softsqueeze directory
> (bit pointless having a cahce of a binary?) or for the webstart function
> to request a non-cached version?

This is why I recommend restarting your slimserver after installing a new
version of softsqueeze. I am afraid that it is not possible to get the
webstart program to request a non-cached version. It is planned to include
softsqueeze with the slimserver in the future, so then this should not be a
problem.

Regards,
Richard

John Gorst
2004-05-26, 07:06
Richard Titmuss wrote:

> This is why I recommend restarting your slimserver after installing a new
> version of softsqueeze.

Yeh - I missed that reccomendation!

> I am afraid that it is not possible to get the
> webstart program to request a non-cached version. It is planned to include
> softsqueeze with the slimserver in the future, so then this should not be a
> problem.

I think it is already included in the nightly version? I assume there is
going to be a link to
http://slimserverip:9000/html/spftsqueeze/applet.htmlORwebstart.html in
the web interface?

Cheers

dean
2004-05-26, 08:27
On May 26, 2004, at 7:06 AM, John Gorst wrote:
> I think it is already included in the nightly version? I assume there
> is going to be a link to
> http://slimserverip:9000/html/spftsqueeze/applet.htmlORwebstart.html
> in the web interface?

It is:

http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/webstart.html

or

http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/applet.html

John Gorst
2004-05-26, 08:32
dean blackketter wrote:

>
> On May 26, 2004, at 7:06 AM, John Gorst wrote:
>
>> I think it is already included in the nightly version? I assume there
>> is going to be a link to
>> http://slimserverip:9000/html/spftsqueeze/applet.htmlORwebstart.html
>> in the web interface?
>
>
> It is:
>
> http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/webstart.html
>
> or
>
> http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/applet.html

Sorry, what I meant to say is that from the home page of the 'default'
skin for example, there should be a link to the above URL's?

dean
2004-05-26, 09:08
Ah, right. We will include a link from the home page soon, but in the
mean time, while we're still testing this out, it'll be a hidden link.

-dean

On May 26, 2004, at 8:32 AM, John Gorst wrote:

> dean blackketter wrote:
>
>> On May 26, 2004, at 7:06 AM, John Gorst wrote:
>>> I think it is already included in the nightly version? I assume
>>> there is going to be a link to
>>> http://slimserverip:9000/html/spftsqueeze/applet.htmlORwebstart.html
>>> in the web interface?
>> It is:
>> http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/webstart.html
>> or
>> http://localhost:9000/html/softsqueeze/applet.html
>
> Sorry, what I meant to say is that from the home page of the 'default'
> skin for example, there should be a link to the above URL's?
>
>
>

Roy M. Silvernail
2004-05-27, 05:30
Richard Titmuss wrote:
> Right, try again! Tonights fixes are:
>
> - Fixed volume control, this should be _much_ better.

Much better! The usable range is a lot wider now.

> - Added a new ssh tunnel on port 9001 for web browsing. This is a workaround
> for a bug in the ssh library, and should make the slim server web pages more
> responsive over the tunnelled connection.

Works really well, also. Web pages are as responsive as over squid.

> - Reverted a cosmetic change that resulted in high cpu usage and a blurred
> display on the mac.

I hadn't noticed that one

> - Fixed track elapsed time, I spotted the error before bedtime :)

I did notice that one, and it's working fine now.

Kudos once again.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy (AT) rant-central (DOT) com, and you're not
Never Forget: It's Only 1's and 0's!
SpamAssassin->procmail->/dev/null->bliss
http://www.rant-central.com