PDA

View Full Version : Linear power supply for SB3...again

joeriz
2009-05-08, 09:30
I know this has probably been done to death...my apologies. But I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for when I do a search.

Simple question (I hope): Is there a relatively cheap (let's say around $20 or less) aftermarket linear power supply available for the SB3? I have an old receiver that I'd like to use with one of my Squeezeboxes. However, it has an AM radio section and noise from the SB3's switching power supply creeps into the receiver. It's my understanding that a linear supply would solve this problem.

Thanks,
Joe

iPhone
2009-05-08, 09:45
I know this has probably been done to death...my apologies. But I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for when I do a search.

Simple question (I hope): Is there a relatively cheap (let's say around $20 or less) aftermarket linear power supply available for the SB3? I have an old receiver that I'd like to use with one of my Squeezeboxes. However, it has an AM radio section and noise from the SB3's switching power supply creeps into the receiver. It's my understanding that a linear supply would solve this problem.

Thanks,
Joe

It should solve that problem. Now for the next problem, there are no cheap linear Power supplies worth having. I haven't found anything under $50 worth having or under $40 with enough current. I did find a suitable medical grade brick in the middle linear supply that was 5VDC at 3 amps for $50 that was worth buying. It has a modular plug that would have to be replaced but that's fairly easy to do if one can use an iron.

I am on the road so I don't have the URL handy.