PDA

View Full Version : SB classic: No IP-address via DHCP

squsqu
2009-05-08, 04:55
Hi,
yesterday I received my first squeezebox and so far I'm happy with it.
There was only a minor problem during setup, I could not get it working when using DHCP, as the box always reported that the DHCP server didn't respond.
Not a big issue as I'm happy with a permanent address, but just curious ..

The box is connected via WLAN to my router and the router is also the DCHP server. In general DHCP works fine in my network (using WLAN or LAN). More over, I can see that the DHCP server assigned a network address to my box, but for some reason the box didn't notice it....

Haven't tested when using the LAN yet(do I have to reenter my WPA key when switching the box to LAN and then back to WLAN?)

Any idea?
Thanks

BastiaanR
2009-05-18, 15:26
The box is connected via WLAN to my router and the router is also the DCHP server. In general DHCP works fine in my network (using WLAN or LAN). More over, I can see that the DHCP server assigned a network address to my box, but for some reason the box didn't notice it...

Just curious. What router do you have? Cisco?

squsqu
2009-05-18, 23:25
Just curious. What router do you have? Cisco?

It is a Fritz!Box.

toby10
2009-05-19, 03:04
......Haven't tested when using the LAN yet(do I have to reenter my WPA key when switching the box to LAN and then back to WLAN?)

Any idea?
Thanks

It should keep your WPA key. DHCP should not be a problem, my entire network including two SB players use DHCP without issue.

blokkadeleider
2009-05-19, 03:54
It is a Fritz!Box.
I would update the firmware of the Fritz!Box first of all.