PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter 7.3.2 on Windows 7 RC

MolecularMark
2009-05-06, 14:01
Here is some news...

I just installed Windows 7 RC on my ultra portable laptop (EEE-PC 1000) to test if SC 7.3.2 works OK and it does...

Seems very stable indeed, more so than Vista (surprise, surprise)!

I have only been running this for 24 hours but I am definitely thinking I will be upgrading several of my home PCs/laptops to Win 7 for the latest version of Windows Media Center and a more stable SqueezeCenter!!

Watch this space for news of my upgrades to the bleeding edge..!

Cheers

Mark (Portsmouth, England)

kesey
2009-05-06, 15:12
Hi Mark, Win 7 certainly appears to be much more pleasant to work with than Vista so far. It installed very easily on a clean install (separate partition). Squeezecenter 7.3.3-26407 runs perfectly. Squeezeplay also runs well, even though the stutter at 10 secs befre track end still occurs (a Squeezeplay, not an operating system, problem).

My HP Photosmart 7280 printer installation routine was the only thing that required a bit of side stepping, as HP try to kibosh installing on anything newer than Vista. Right clicking on the Setup.exe file, selecting properties, setting it for Vista compatibility with Vista SP1, and checking "Run as an Administrator", followed by double clicking on the Setup.exe got the Install routine running. It installed perfectly.

Re: Windows 7 and McAfee:
I'm using the McAfee Windows 7 beta. McAfee still do not have things right so the hack given by Teus in the following URL still appears necessary to get a Scan to complete (to include Merge Artists, Artwork etc).

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=56785&highlight=McAfee

P.S. Modifying the Registry as per the "A Solution for McAfee Users" did not work for me with McAfee Total Protection. I had to disable McAfee Antivirus in order to get a scan to complete. The mechanics of Regedit appear to have changed. When I make the Registry changes as per the above and subsequently re-boot, the Registry loses the changes and goes back to its prior state.

dennis55
2009-05-07, 15:02
I installed the 64 bit RC yesterday = clean install/separate partition.
only gripes so far are Network Authentication seems a bit accident prone,and i don't like Homegroup and Windows Live Mail!.....bring back Outlook.
my Av program is AVAST! Pro and it's working well,but it's early days!.

dennis