PDA

View Full Version : Softsqueeze not installing on Vista

Foggy
2009-05-05, 07:06
I am trying to install Softsqueeze 3.8 onto a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. Unfortunately my understanding of Vista is limited.
I have installed Java and when I attempt to install Softsqueeze it gives me an error with each file it attempts to copy 'Could not create this file'?
I have administrator rights so what is the issue?
I'm assuming the problem is with Vista and not Softsqueeze (as it's on my XP desktop OK)?
(I have been warned by many to avoid Vista but I'm laid up after a serious motorbike accident and don't have the inclination to mess about with the operating system - YET!)
Help would be most appreciated,
Cheers,
Foggy

Club1820
2009-05-05, 20:21
it gives me an error with each file it attempts to copy 'Could not create this file'?
I have administrator rights so what is the issue?
I'm assuming the problem is with Vista and not Softsqueeze (as it's on my XP desktop OK)?
(

I have softsqueeze installed on my vista machine. never had any problems installing the various versions, 3.7, 3.8.

That error does sound somewhat like an admin rights issue. (?)

Have you tried perhaps downloading the installation files again. perhaps they are corrupt?

Foggy
2009-05-05, 22:05
Thanks for the advice.
I downloaded again just incase it was corrupt.
When I tried to install I got the same errors, but when I exited it then asked if I wanted to re-run with admin rights, which it did not do before.
It then installed fine.

So yes looked like an admin rights issue, but all sorted now thanks,

Foggy