PDA

View Full Version : Cover Art - name of files when more than one?

nicoleif
2009-05-05, 03:11
I have read that the jpg files most be named etiher cover.jpg or folder.jpg to work. How do I name the files when having more than one (eg both a front cover and a back cover file)?

tipsen
2009-05-05, 03:27
I have read that the jpg files most be named either cover.jpg or folder.jpg to work. How do I name the files when having more than one (eg both a front cover and a back cover file)?
I don't think SqueezeCenter is able to handle more than one cover art image for a track/album. I also have multiple files with cover art and I tend to name them like this:
Artist - Album - Front.jpg
Artist - Album - Back.jpg
Artist - Album - Cover.jpg
Artist - Album - And so on...jpg
These files are not used by SqueezeCenter but I can use them for other purposes. I then create one file from the front cover called folder.jpg which I resize to a suitable size (I've chosen 400x400px).
/tipsen

nicoleif
2009-05-05, 03:40
I don't think SqueezeCenter is able to handle more than one cover art image for a track/album. I also have multiple files with cover art and I tend to name them like this:
Artist - Album - Front.jpg
Artist - Album - Back.jpg
Artist - Album - Cover.jpg
Artist - Album - And so on...jpg
These files are not used by SqueezeCenter but I can use them for other purposes. I then create one file from the front cover called folder.jpg which I resize to a suitable size (I've chosen 400x400px).
/tipsen
Thanx (TAK)

bephillips
2009-05-06, 20:24
I've had an enhancement request in since v6.3 for the browser UI from the Browse Music Folder view to display txt and image files in a new browser tab or window, just as the browser would normally deal with such files if encountered on the internet. Seems simple enough. This would allow us to view multiple images associated with albums or live shows. This is the bugzilla entry. Vote for it!

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3457

jbraveman
2009-05-07, 09:33
I've had an enhancement request in since v6.3 for the browser UI from the browse Music Folder view to display txt and image files in a new browser tab or window, just as the browser would normally deal with such files if encountered on the internet. Seems simple enough. This would allow us to view multiple images associated with albums or live shows. This is the bugzilla entry. Vote for it!

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3457

I voted. I have a ton of live shows in flac format and it would be nice to be able to see the info file with source information.