PDA

View Full Version : Cant config my Squeezebox Classic!!!??

cube66
2009-05-03, 07:22
Should the Squeezebox ask for which Country it is when you set it up?

My Squeezebox dont ask for it, in the manual it tells you that it should ask that.

When it asks for connecting to SqueezeCenter the display just go dead, what is wrong?

It cant find the SC???? and I cant play anything through it.

Need help here please.

amcluesent
2009-05-03, 07:31
>Need help here please. <

Have you connected the SB to your router with an ethernet cable?

jo-wie
2009-05-03, 08:54
Should the Squeezebox ask for which Country it is when you set it up?

My Squeezebox dont ask for it, in the manual it tells you that it should ask that.

When it asks for connecting to SqueezeCenter the display just go dead, what is wrong?

It cant find the SC???? and I cant play anything through it.

Need help here please.

During network setup for a wireless connection you've to answer a question about the region (USA, Europe, etc.) to get the proper wireless channels enabled afaik.

How (wireless or wired) do you connect the Squeezebox to your network? Do you have a computer with Squeezecenter installed? Can you connect to the Squeezenetwork?

cube66
2009-05-03, 12:08
I managed to get it to work by disconnect my firewall on my Mac OS X, I use cable.

But I want my firewall to be on, any Mac owner here who can help me out how to configure the firewall settings?

jo-wie
2009-05-03, 13:07
I managed to get it to work by disconnect my firewall on my Mac OS X, I use cable.

Cable - that's the reason for the missing region question, no need for. :)

But I want my firewall to be on, any Mac owner here who can help me out how to configure the firewall settings?

The wiki could help

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Category:Troubleshooting

see firewall Mac OS.

cube66
2009-05-03, 13:17
jo-wie! thanks man!

I Will try this tomorrow!