PDA

View Full Version : How stable is WOL on 7.4 nightly these days or 7.3.4?

mswlogo
2009-04-26, 14:48
I had been regularly sticking with official releases until 7.3 series and WOL went to pot. I tried the new plugin, patches etc. Finally I put last 7.2 version back and to be honest this the most stable squeezecenter/slimserver has ever been in the few years I've owned it. Server has done a successful "Wake" and stay awake and go back to sleep WHEN appropriate for several months with out a glitch. Even the WOL with the Duet has been perfect.

There is nothing more annoying than the system randomly deciding to go to sleep when it shouldn't.

I perfectly understand there are times that you make two steps forward and one step back when refactoring code and I think this was the case.

However I just got a Duet to go with my tranporter and there are some fixes I would like for it under the new builds.

Is WOL rock solid again? And I mean ROCK SOLID. Wakes EVERY time, allows server to only sleep when transporter has been in standby for a while.

autopilot
2009-04-26, 15:07
Been running 7.4 nighties for a few months, no issues with WOL at all.

mswlogo
2009-04-26, 20:59
Had you seen the problem in 7.3 are you using stock standby plugin or the new standby plugin or is the new one now standard. I forget what it's call but it's the plugin that knows how to keep server awake.

P.S. I'm running server on XP.

autopilot
2009-04-27, 04:38
Just the stock Server Power Control plugin included in SC. Never had to fiddle with it, as its always worked perfectly.

I did have one issue quite while back, but that was with the SBC waking the server all the time. Thats sorted now.

mswlogo
2009-04-28, 21:10
You're right the nightly 7.4 build is running good regarding WOL and everything else for that matter.