PDA

View Full Version : album plays on SS but not SB

UNCMo96
2009-04-24, 17:25
I have an album in FLAC format that will not play on the squeezebox. The album plays on SoftSqueeze on a WiFi computer. However, it will not play on either of my SB3's (using WiFi or powerline ethernet). It's weird since the squeezecenter shows that the song is playing and the time bar is moving, but on the squeezebox itself the song title is there but the time bar is not moving and stuck at 0:00. I did a network test on both squeeboxes and they are at worst 90% on 5000kbs. Any thoughts? Is there something about how the album was ripped that is tripping up the SB?

Phil Leigh
2009-04-24, 21:43
I have an album in FLAC format that will not play on the squeezebox. The album plays on SoftSqueeze on a WiFi computer. However, it will not play on either of my SB3's (using WiFi or powerline ethernet). It's weird since the squeezecenter shows that the song is playing and the time bar is moving, but on the squeezebox itself the song title is there but the time bar is not moving and stuck at 0:00. I did a network test on both squeeboxes and they are at worst 90% on 5000kbs. Any thoughts? Is there something about how the album was ripped that is tripping up the SB?

just this one album?
what level of flac compression does it use?

UNCMo96
2009-04-25, 04:18
Just this one album. The bitrate is 950-990 VBR.

Phil Leigh
2009-04-25, 04:21
Just this one album. The bitrate is 950-990 VBR.

Not the bitrate... the compression level (Flac = 0-8 I think). I recall an issue if compression level 8 was used, but can't quite recall the full story...
Best thing to do is to convert to WAV temporarily and make sure it plays OK then re-FLAC it.

garym
2009-04-26, 06:11
all of my FLAC files are compressed as "8" so I doubt that is the issue.

Phil Leigh
2009-04-26, 06:20
all of my FLAC files are compressed as "8" so I doubt that is the issue.

OK - but convert it to WAV and see if it plays.