PDA

View Full Version : Favorite service?

bozer
2009-04-23, 07:27
I've been using Pandora, and so far it really suites my needs. I also have a Sirius account that I used for my car which works great too.

What is your favorite service and why?

ejk
2009-04-23, 16:13
Mine was Pandora, I just switched to Rhapsody . I like to have the library of songs

audio53
2009-04-23, 18:26
I don't know if this qualifies as a service, but Shoutcast is the only one I listen to. It is the only one I have found where one can find streams of decent bitrate (256 and 320 kbps) I listen to their classical streams to discover new music.

86atc250r
2009-04-23, 20:00
I use Pandora a lot as well as a few shoutcast streams. Rhapsody is also good when I'm looking for specific songs. When I just want to put it on autopilot though, I listen most to Pandora or Shoutcast.

Between these three services, I almost never listen to my local collection.

MeSue
2009-04-23, 22:30
Mostly I listen to my local music, but when it's not available I like Slacker the best. Seems to have more variety than Pandora and it's easier to tweak a station to where I never bump into the skip limit. Last.FM helps me discover a lot of music, but as far as the radio goes, I seem to do a lot more skipping on that one.

toby10
2009-04-24, 02:41
I don't know if this qualifies as a service, but Shoutcast is the only one I listen to. It is the only one I have found where one can find streams of decent bitrate (256 and 320 kbps) I listen to their classical streams to discover new music.

Last.fm, Pandora, Slacker and ShoutCast

BTW: You may well be aware, but possibly someone reading this thread may not be aware...there are two features in ShoutCast which are quite handy.

In both SC and SN you can set a Bitrate Limit within ShoutCast to quickly find those higher Bitrate streams and weed out the duplicate streams. :)

In SC (not SN), after you set your ShoutCast Bitrate Limit, select a Genre, the resulting entire list of high Bitrate stations can then be saved as a Favorite for further listening.
SN will give the same results, but the list of stations cannot be saved as a whole folder like in SC.

eq72521
2009-04-24, 21:25
SomaFM FTW.