PDA

View Full Version : Will my Squeezebox work in Europe?

RisforRobots
2009-04-15, 00:53
I am traveling to Italy for 3 months and would LOVE to have my squeezebox with me if I know it is going to work. DO NOT want to lug it around if it wont. Anyone have any information on this?

-Thanks

funkstar
2009-04-15, 02:44
Have a look at the power brick. Under input voltage does it have 100-240V 50-60hz? or something similar.

If it does then yes it will work. If it is only 100v 50hx, then the power supply won't work and you would either need a converter or a new power brick.

I know all the current adapters are universal, but I don't know about older ones.

The unit itself will work perfectly as they are identical all round the world.

edit Oh, and what on earth is that Poll for?

Ramage
2009-04-15, 06:51
I am traveling to Italy for 3 months and would LOVE to have my squeezebox with me if I know it is going to work. DO NOT want to lug it around if it wont. Anyone have any information on this?

-Thanks

Presumably you are in the US. If your brick voltage is compatible, you will also need a European plug converter.

pippin
2009-04-15, 07:10
Presumably you are in the US. If your brick voltage is compatible, you will also need a European plug converter.

A SOUTHERN Europen plug converter, to be precise. The big ones for Germany will not work in Italy, the small ones with the flexible plug will.

RisforRobots
2009-04-15, 08:15
Yes thank you, it is compatible with a adapter. What about its ability to connect to Internet Radio sites and the Squeeze Network...thats what I am most concerned with. Any thoughts there? Thanks so much to the guys who answered my other question!

pippin
2009-04-15, 10:45
Yes thank you, it is compatible with a adapter. What about its ability to connect to Internet Radio sites and the Squeeze Network...thats what I am most concerned with. Any thoughts there? Thanks so much to the guys who answered my other question!

SN is there but the available services vary country by country.
It's important to understand that the services that SN SHOWS will still depend on how your country setting is (so you will see the same ones you had in the US if you don't change that), yet some (Pandora, Rhapsody, Sirius) will simply not work.