PDA

View Full Version : How long does SB3 retain its memory with no power

garym
2009-04-11, 04:40
Have an SB3 that is unplugged for weeks at a time. Seems that I have to re-enter SSID, password, etc. everytime I plug back in. Does the onboard memory not hold this info more than a few days?

funkstar
2009-04-11, 05:15
That doesn't sound right.

I'm sure I've had my bedroom SB3 off for a couple of months and it connected straight away when plugged back in.

garym
2009-04-11, 05:32
That doesn't sound right.

I'm sure I've had my bedroom SB3 off for a couple of months and it connected straight away when plugged back in.

hmmm. I'm wondering if the SB3 I have is faulty. (Note I also have two booms, one wireless and one using ethernet) and don't experience problems with them. Here's some of the odd things happening with my relatively new SB3.
1. After being unplugged for week, I turn it on and the screen will sometimes just stay blank. plugging and unplugging will eventually get me to setup screen. Although once, I had nothing but a blank screen for several hours before it "woke up".
2. The SB3 finds the neighbors' SSID but doesn't find mine. And my SSID is being broadcast, etc. Strangely though, it finds an SSID that is one digit off from mine (and it is an SSID that doesn't actually exist). I suspect this got there from me making some sort of typo on entering the SSID, but I'm surprised that the SB3 remembers this. And I've done a complete factory reset on the SB3 (hold ADD while adding power). And the bogus SSID is still in the SB3 memory.
3. When entering the SSID (manually), and then the wireless password, the remote almost seems that it won't connect. I have lots of "delay" in using the remote to go back through the setup. It seems that entering a letter or number from the remote can take 30 seconds or more (and sometimes not even work). Almost like the remote is having trouble linking to the SB3 or has low battery. But the batteries are new and the same remote works well with other BOOMS I have. And, in fact, the remote works well with the SB3, but only AFTER I've done all the entering of setup info.

Any thoughts?