PDA

View Full Version : Can't Browse by Music Folder, or ReSCAN Library

caldvd
2009-04-10, 05:33
Hi,
I saw one other thread about this from last year, however the thread never said how to resolve the issue, it was regarding a MAC (this is for PC) and so I'm starting a new thread and hope it's ok! :)

Since installing SqueezeCenter 7.3.2 I can't browse my music folder on the Squeezebox, SqueezeCenter, or rescan the library from SqueezeCenter (didn't try rescanning from the box).

I get this error popup at the PC when pressing Browse Music Folder on Squeezebox or SqueezeCenter:
Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 5b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

I get the same error when I rescan, however, I noticed that it occurred as soon as it starts scanning the playlists. I thought maybe corrupt playlists, however, how could it be that if I'm just trying to browse my music folder?

What is strange is that if I try to play music using Artist, Album, Genre, Song, etc, it works, it finds them, plays them, etc. However, this is NOT how I listen to music. Also, it requires a reboot because I can't get rid of that error message. How annoying. I used SlimServer 6.5 without a hitch for the last 18 months until last week when I had to reinstall windows, then went and installed 7.3.2 and nothing but problems.

Finally, after I get the error message, the dialog has the options: Cancel, Try Again, and Continue. None of them do anything, the message is persistant regardless of what button I press, forcing me to reboot.

Here's the details from the info screen that I could copy and paste, please let me know if you need any other info.

SqueezeCenter StatusVersion: 7.3.2 - 24695 @ Mon Jan 19 18:55:04 PST 2009
Hostname: tekws
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.106
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 586
Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
Total Players Recognized: 1
Library StatisticsTotal Tracks: 11,469
Total Albums: 1,255
Total Artists: 1,059
Total Genres: 103
Total Playing Time: 904:24:42

Player InformationInformation on all identified devices connected to SqueezeCenter
LivingRoomPlayer Model: squeezebox3
Firmware: 123
Player IP Address: 192.168.0.112
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:06:da:4a
Wireless Signal Strength: 73%

Folders
Cache FolderC:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache
Preferences FolderC:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\prefs
Plugin FoldersC:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Slim\Plugin, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins, C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins

Thanks in advance for any help! It's much appreciated!
Caldvd

funkstar
2009-04-10, 06:14
I get this error popup at the PC when pressing Browse Music Folder on Squeezebox or SqueezeCenter:
Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 5b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Finally, after I get the error message, the dialog has the options: Cancel, Try Again, and Continue. None of them do anything, the message is persistant regardless of what button I press, forcing me to reboot.

Is this a Windows error message dialog that appears?

Sounds like something really weird is going on with your system, and I wouldn't be blaming SqueezeCenter for that. Do you have full permissions to the music files on the hard drive? Sometimes after a Windows re-install the user permisions of existing files can get messed up. I know I've been locked out of My Documents in the past until I changed to an Administrator account and kicked the permisions into touch.

funkstar
2009-04-10, 06:15
Here we go: http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=Exception+Processing+Message+c0000013&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

This is definitely a Windows problem and not a SqueezeCenter problem.

mherger
2009-04-10, 06:44
> I get this error popup at the PC:
> Windows - No Disk
> Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 5b6bf7c
> 75b6bf7c

This message is related to storage which is no longer available, eg. USB
sticks, external disks etc. See the following bug for more details:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7821#c3

Make sure you don't have playlists or cue sheets in your music folder
which point to external media.

Michael

caldvd
2009-04-10, 07:30
Thanks so much to all that responded and how so quick, I'll never know, you guys are great!

It appears that it WAS after all a SqueezeCenter problem. I removed the offending playlists and viola, it worked. It turns out there were old playlists IN MY MUSIC FOLDER, referring to external drives that had changed drive letters in my reinstall of XP. So, the music was still there just under a new drive letter. BTW, my playlists, which have always referred to an external drive, were always in the Music Folder, it never was a problem before....shouldn't there be a warning, when setting up the playlists directory in the settings, that playlists can't be in the music folder if you choose the same folder for both? (Feature Request #1)

RE: This issue,
I have several applications from various vendors (Adobe, Sony, etc.) that all have built-in routines for finding 'lost media', where you are given the chance to search for the missing files. In the best of these scenarios, it finds one file and says, all the other files are here, so it only asks you once if you want to use this new location. It would seem really important (in this age of cheap removable storage) for SqueezeCenter to include some of these routines for checking file locations, and if not found, alerting the user and giving the user options rather than just locking up. (Feature Request #2) Just my .02

Thanks again and I hope someone in development gets these feature requests!
caldvd