PDA

View Full Version : Transporters in short supply in UK?

MadScientist
2009-04-09, 05:40
I've had a Transporter on order for several weeks. None of the UK dealers appears to have them in stock. Any reason for this shortage?

MS

Sam
2009-04-09, 09:21
MS,

Please PM me the details about your order and I will look into it.

-Sam

MadScientist
2009-04-09, 09:52
Thanks, but in what capacity?

MS

gbruzzo
2009-04-09, 12:46
I've had a Transporter on order for several weeks. None of the UK dealers appears to have them in stock. Any reason for this shortage?

MS

recently received a transporter I had on order for 2 months....

regards,

Giacomo

Alfafa
2009-04-09, 14:29
Also just got my transporter from UK. I waited 10 weeks because the shop couldn't get one from the distributor

Sam
2009-04-09, 15:22
Sorry, I should have clarified... I work for Logitech.

-Sam

funkstar
2009-04-10, 02:21
Sorry, I should have clarified... I work for Logitech.

-Sam
You might want to add that to your signature of your forum user title :)

MadScientist
2009-04-10, 04:27
recently received a transporter I had on order for 2 months....

regards,

Giacomo

Also just got my transporter from UK. I waited 10 weeks because the shop couldn't get one from the distributor

Thanks for the info. Almost looks like they are being made to order.

MS

funkstar
2009-04-10, 06:03
Thanks for the info. Almost looks like they are being made to order.

MS
Or the UK distributer is doing a poor job of suplying them. Perhaps even grouping orders together and requesting them from California in a batch instead of actually maintaining a proper supply channel.

Sam
2009-04-15, 09:49
MadScientist,

Please check your PM... All I can say is that our European warehouse has healthy stock and they are NOT being built-to order.

-Sam

MadScientist
2009-04-16, 10:54
MadScientist,

Please check your PM... All I can say is that our European warehouse has healthy stock and they are NOT being built-to order.

-Sam

Thanks, and agreed. However, there does appear to be some silly price-related politics going on in that certain retailers blatently advertising competitive prices are being inadequately supplied while those posting higher prices (and e.g offering 'free' Controllers) are OK. Now I found out how the 'game' is being played, I've managed to get a very good deal for a Transporter (only) and it's being delivered tomorrow.

MS

toby10
2009-04-16, 12:12
Thanks, and agreed. However, there does appear to be some silly price-related politics going on in that certain retailers blatently advertising competitive prices are being inadequately supplied while those posting higher prices (and e.g offering 'free' Controllers) are OK. Now I found out how the 'game' is being played, I've managed to get a very good deal for a Transporter (only) and it's being delivered tomorrow.

MS

Note: This comment is COMPLETELY unrelated to SD / Logitech products....

Sounds like that retailer is doing the old retailer low ball scheme we've had here in the US for many years. They advertise a very low price (lower than anyone else) to get you to order, then ask you to "confirm" your online order with a phone call. Then they hard sell you on the "extras" (cables, carrying cases, add-ons, extended warranties, etc...) and if you don't buy enough "extras" then they are suddenly out of stock of your requested item.

To make matters worse, many of these "extras" are items included in the box from the mfr.

Anonymously call back in ten minutes to the same retailer, ask for the price on the same item (now quoted MUCH higher over the phone) and viola! .... it is mysteriously back in stock. :)

MadScientist
2009-04-16, 12:43
Note: This comment is COMPLETELY unrelated to SD / Logitech products....

Sounds like that retailer is doing the old retailer low ball scheme we've had here in the US for many years. They advertise a very low price (lower than anyone else) to get you to order, then ask you to "confirm" your online order with a phone call. Then they hard sell you on the "extras" (cables, carrying cases, add-ons, extended warranties, etc...) and if you don't buy enough "extras" then they are suddenly out of stock of your requested item.

To make matters worse, many of these "extras" are items included in the box from the mfr.

Anonymously call back in ten minutes to the same retailer, ask for the price on the same item (now quoted MUCH higher over the phone) and viola! .... it is mysteriously back in stock. :)

Absolutely not in this case! The retailers I'm dealing with are all offering a genuine, no-strings-attached, high quality service.

MS

toby10
2009-04-16, 14:15
Absolutely not in this case! The retailers I'm dealing with are all offering a genuine, no-strings-attached, high quality service.

MS

Yes, I was refering to you your comment "....certain retailers blatently advertising competitive prices are being inadequately supplied while those posting higher prices (and e.g offering 'free' Controllers) are OK."

i.e. Advertising much lower prices, no stock. Asking MSRP (or close) and they have stock. :)

JJZolx
2009-04-16, 14:31
Yes, I was refering to you your comment "....certain retailers blatently advertising competitive prices are being inadequately supplied while those posting higher prices (and e.g offering 'free' Controllers) are OK."

i.e. Advertising much lower prices, no stock. Asking MSRP (or close) and they have stock. :)

I believe what he's saying is that either the manufacturer or the product's distributor is making life difficult for anyone who attempts to discount MSRP very much. We see this in the US a lot with high end audio, and with many other products, where the manufacturer has a notion that such discounting somehow affects the perceived value of the product. It's a game, but retailers are often forced to play - if you don't sell XXX for MSRP then either you don't get any more XXX to sell.

Somehow, though, I can't see that philosophy from Logitech - maybe an overzealous distributor.