PDA

View Full Version : Does this type of playlist exist?

elziko
2009-04-07, 02:00
I'd like to make a playlist where I define a start and end time for each MP3 I want to play.

So essentially it will be a playlist of MP3s but each item in the playlist would be only part of the MP3.

Initially it looked like I could to the with a cue sheet but it seems to be able to define a start time but not an end time.

Is what I'm trying to do possible without cutting the MP3s up myself?

Thanks!

funkstar
2009-04-07, 03:27
A cue sheet would be the way to do this, if there are other playlists that allow you to do what you want, I don't think they are supported in SC.

The limitation is that you can't skip part of the source file, all of it has to be defines as tracks, you would just have to skip the tracks that contain portions of the MP3 that you don't want.

Actually, thinking about it, you could have a cue sheet which creates the tracks from the long source MP3, then have a playlist that onlye includes the defined track you want. Cue sheet in the same folder as the MP3 and playlist (m3u or something) in your playlist folder. That *should* work.

elziko
2009-04-07, 04:01
Actually, thinking about it, you could have a cue sheet which creates the tracks from the long source MP3, then have a playlist that onlye includes the defined track you want. Cue sheet in the same folder as the MP3 and playlist (m3u or something) in your playlist folder.

Ah yes, a playlist of cue files... I can see that working as I need although it's not very elegant.

Worse still, I'm actually more interested in playing this on my handheld (using Conduits Pocket Player) rather than SC but i have just realised that it doesn't support .cue files. Looks like I really am going to have edit my MP3s together in Adobe Audition or something.

Thanks for the help though!