Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nonreality
    • Feb 2008

Internet Radio

I haven't used internet radio stations a lot especially since I lost my saved stations when My Radio stations pluging went away. Are you only allowed to save a station to favorites now? It would make much more sense to have a folder under Internet Radio and keep my picks there. I haven't tried yet but is it possible to make a folder in favorites for this task or do you just have to have a huge favorite folder with no organization? I wish they would have kept My Radio as it was a simple way to keep your stations together and was easy.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality
  • JJZolx
    • Apr 2005

You can have folders and subfolders within favorites.

I'm not sure how much you use favorites, but they're pretty much useless for anything other than radio stations. Who wants to mark a favorite artist when all you can do with that favorite is play all of the artist's songs? You can't pull it up then browse into it to find an album or to pick out a few tracks.

Comment

• iPhone
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Nonreality
      I haven't used internet radio stations a lot especially since I lost my saved stations when My Radio stations pluging went away. Are you only allowed to save a station to favorites now? It would make much more sense to have a folder under Internet Radio and keep my picks there. I haven't tried yet but is it possible to make a folder in favorites for this task or do you just have to have a huge favorite folder with no organization? I wish they would have kept My Radio as it was a simple way to keep your stations together and was easy.
      I don't use SN or Internet Radio that much. But the two stations I do listen to I have saved as a Playlist. I name the Playlist with the name of the station. When I want the station, I scroll to Playlists, the station name and hit Play.

Would that work for what your trying to do?
      iPhone
      Media Room:
      ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
      Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
      Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
      Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
      Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
      Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
      Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
      Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• Nonreality
        • Feb 2008

Yes I think either would work. I just find it funny that you can't have your radio stations under Internet Radio Stations. Thanks for the responses. I'll probably try both and see what I like. I don't use them much but I should take advantage of radio stations that I stumble upon.
        If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Comment

Working...