PDA

View Full Version : Alarm restarting after timing out

SumnerBoy
2009-04-05, 14:51
Hi - I have an alarm set on my bedroom Receiver for 7.55am which times out after 60 mins, and another alarm on my kitchen Boom for 8.00am which times out after 90 mins. The alarms fire as expected and then shut off after timing out. However about 12 mins after they time out both devices turn back on and resume playing the alarm playlist (in my case an internet radio station).

I have turned on debug logging for the alarm plugin and can see the alarms firing and timing out, but there is nothing in the logs to show them re-firing 12 mins after shutting down. Which leads me to believe this is possibly not due to the alarm code - but I can't think what else could be causing this.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? What other logging can I enable to check this? NB: I definitely only have the two alarms.

Help!?

diamar
2009-04-06, 19:20
Hi - I have an alarm set on my bedroom Receiver for 7.55am which times out after 60 mins, and another alarm on my kitchen Boom for 8.00am which times out after 90 mins. The alarms fire as expected and then shut off after timing out. However about 12 mins after they time out both devices turn back on and resume playing the alarm playlist (in my case an internet radio station).

I have turned on debug logging for the alarm plugin and can see the alarms firing and timing out, but there is nothing in the logs to show them re-firing 12 mins after shutting down. Which leads me to believe this is possibly not due to the alarm code - but I can't think what else could be causing this.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? What other logging can I enable to check this? NB: I definitely only have the two alarms.

Help!?

I have the same problem, are you using 7.4? I've also noticed that "snooze" only works once for each alarm session (the second snooze acts as if it's just playing a regular playlist and shuts down the SB after the song completes).

SumnerBoy
2009-04-06, 19:25
I am running 7.3.2 (24695). I don't/haven't used the snooze function so can't confirm if I have the same problem there.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening here? What logging should I enable to help try and track this down, since the alarm plugin log hasn't shed any light.

SumnerBoy
2009-04-13, 14:50
I just happened to be near my Boom when the internet radio stream restarted this morning and noticed a *Remote connection restarted* (or something similar) message flash up on the display just as the 12 mins elapsed and the Boom fired back into life after the alarm had shutdown.

Is it possible the connection to the radio stream is being restarted due to the alarm not correctly shutting down the connection when it times out?

Any logging I can turn on to detect these sorts of messages?

Help?!

SumnerBoy
2009-04-20, 21:22
Is there no one who can help with this? Even just a pointer to the most likely logs to be looking at so I can find out more about the problem...?

SumnerBoy
2009-04-28, 14:46
I turned on the *Internet Radio* log set to see if this would shed any light. The only log entry at the time the alarm kicks off again (12 mins after it times out) is;

[09-04-29 09:42:39.7764] Slim::Utils::Misc::pathFromFileURL (259) Warning: Path isn't a file URL: http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s99900&username=<username>&partnerId=16

Can anyone please help?! It is very frustrating having to manually shutdown my alarms each morning.