PDA

View Full Version : SB3: a cosmetic question

r808a
2009-04-05, 02:28
I bought a used but very new SB3 a few days ago. Everything is okay, except that the lower front panel (the glossy plastic part with Logitech logo) often bulges out, leaving a gaping seam between it and the upper half. The plastic material used seems to be defective in terms of expansion and contraction properties. Do you have the same problem? How to improve that? Thanks.

funkstar
2009-04-05, 02:44
I know there was an issue with the very original SB3, the SlimDevices one with the silver metal panel at the bottom. I can't remember the fix, but i think it was something to do with screws being either too tight or not tight enough.

Not heard of anything like that with the newer units though.

toby10
2009-04-05, 03:01
I bought a used but very new SB3 a few days ago. Everything is okay, except that the lower front panel (the glossy plastic part with Logitech logo) often bulges out, leaving a gaping seam between it and the upper half. The plastic material used seems to be defective in terms of expansion and contraction properties. Do you have the same problem? How to improve that? Thanks.

Another possibility is that it could have been taken apart previously and not put back together properly.

Richie
2009-04-05, 04:18
Early SB3s had a problem with the size of the lower front plate which meant it sprung off after a while. Slim Devices supplied replacement front plates. I had 3 that needed replacing. They have all been fine since. There was talk at the time that slackening off the screws holding the Squeezebox together helped to alleviate the problem although I never tried this.

I've not had any problems like this with Logitech branded SB3s so I would suspect someone has taken it apart. The aluminium panel is very thin and almost impossible to remove without bending or creasing it.

Richard

r808a
2009-04-05, 23:23
I found one screw on the back got loose. I screwed it tight and the gap no longer appears. Thanks for your help!