PDA

View Full Version : Trackstat - Unrate Album

Juliozaffo
2009-04-04, 06:03
Sometimes in my infinite stupidity I accidentally give an album a rating I didn't intend to. The only way I have found to correct this is to unrate each track on the album. Is there an easier way to unrate or adjust the rating on an entire album? If not, may I suggest using the same method that is used to rate the album? Once an album is rated, just put the same rating buttons above the tracks and if I choose a different rating it would override the track ratings already established.

Thanks for the great plugin Erland.

Aesculus
2009-04-04, 10:07
Sometimes in my infinite stupidity I accidentally give an album a rating I didn't intend to. The only way I have found to correct this is to unrate each track on the album. Is there an easier way to unrate or adjust the rating on an entire album? If not, may I suggest using the same method that is used to rate the album? Once an album is rated, just put the same rating buttons above the tracks and if I choose a different rating it would override the track ratings already established.

Thanks for the great plugin Erland.
If you select an album and then choose the little [TS] icon it will take you to the trackstat page for that album. You will see all the ratings and also be allowed to change the rating for all the songs at once. At the top trackstat ratings selectors one of them is a [x]. This Unrates the album

Juliozaffo
2009-04-04, 10:30
Not sure where the particular [x] is that you are referring to. Once I rate the album the only [x] I have is by the current playing track or each individual track on the album. Next to the All Songs from: <album name> it displays my rating (not modifiable) and the play and add icons and that's it.

erland
2009-04-08, 20:57
Not sure where the particular [x] is that you are referring to. Once I rate the album the only [x] I have is by the current playing track or each individual track on the album. Next to the All Songs from: <album name> it displays my rating (not modifiable) and the play and add icons and that's it.

It's shown to the right of the rating controls, but the default setting in TrackStat is that you can only set album ratings on albums with at least one unrated track. The reason is that when you set album ratings it by default only change the ratings of the unrated tracks on the album. This is the reason why the album rating controls are read-only on an album which you have previously rated, all tracks on this albums have a rating. You can change this behavior by setting the "Group Ratings" parameter to Yes in "SqueezeCenter Settings/Plugins/TrackStat/Rating Settings". "Yea" means that changing an album rating will change the rating on all tracks on that album independent on which rating the tracks had before.

However, it do make a lot of sense to make the "unrate" checkbox available even if all tracks are rated on a album, so I'll try to change this for a future TrackStat release.