PDA

View Full Version : After changes in SCīs Security Settings...WRONG!!!

Tirionvalar
2009-04-01, 05:39
Hello...
I have a big problem with SC... I tried to put a username and a password for the SC Web Interface...and..(I donīt really remember) I changed some other things of those security settings...After that I tried to open SC,
and it didnīt open... I got a message..( My Webbrowser is in German) like Connection Interrupted? Something like that.
I upgraded to SC 7.3.2..but nothing seems to be better now..
How can I reset those security settings...or do I have to delete and re install SC?

Siduhe
2009-04-01, 05:51
You don't say what OS you are running on, but to delete the password - stop squeezecenter, find the squeezecenter.pref file, take a backup of the file first, then open up in a text editor, and you should be able to scroll down and manually delete the password. Save, restart squeezecenter, and you should be able to log in just by putting in your user name, and leaving the password blank.

To reset other settings, you may need to stop squeezecenter, delete the prefs file entirely - then restart but you will need to set it up all over again (all settings, not just security).

Tirionvalar
2009-04-01, 06:17
My OS is Vista 64bit.. I found 3 different files ..which one is it?
I searched inside but I found nothing.

Siduhe
2009-04-01, 06:48
Not sure - don't know Vista.

In my XP build, the file is in a hidden folder under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SqueezeCenter\prefs.

Looking at it, the file may well be called server.prefs - can you see one called that?

Also, when you go to your start menu in Vista so Start/All Programs/Squeezecenter do you have an option called "Control Panel"? Think this may be a more recent development - if you do have it, however, you can delete your entire prefs and logs from that UI, without the need to track down the relevant file.

Tirionvalar
2009-04-01, 07:29
I used the search function of Vista..and I didnīt find such file.....Iīm thinking seriously to delete and re install SC... pity..

toby10
2009-04-01, 07:54
Hello...
I have a big problem with SC... I tried to put a username and a password for the SC Web Interface...and..(I donīt really remember) I changed some other things of those security settings...After that I tried to open SC,
and it didnīt open... I got a message..( My Webbrowser is in German) like Connection Interrupted? Something like that.
I upgraded to SC 7.3.2..but nothing seems to be better now..
How can I reset those security settings...or do I have to delete and re install SC?

Long shot, but make sure you did not set Block Incoming Connections to BLOCK

SC7 > Settings > Advanced > Security

Siduhe
2009-04-01, 08:08
I don't think the OP can get into the web interface to reset the security settings.

Tirion, again, I don't think that file will necessarily show up on a search, because of the location it is stored in. Are you searching for hidden and system files?

Sounds like an uninstall may be the best thing to do, but make sure you delete all traces of SC including your prefs and logs, otherwise you will still have the problem when you reinstall.

Ramage
2009-04-01, 14:26
My OS is Vista 64bit.. I found 3 different files ..which one is it?
I searched inside but I found nothing.

On Vista, server.prefs can be found in
C:\ProgramData\Squeezecenter\prefs

Use a text editor to search server.prefs for "password". You'll find about 6 different password entries. Delete the offending one, inserting ' ' in its place.

If this doesn't work, delete server.prefs restart squeezecenter and redo the preferences.

Good luck.

Tirionvalar
2009-04-02, 00:18
holy god.... Iīve found the file...I deleted the password..and I delete the file too..as a second option...the problem is still there...
I think Iīve blocked the incoming connections...and that is why the webinterface doesnīt open...
Another Idea before I uninstall it?

Ramage
2009-04-02, 01:30
holy god.... Iīve found the file...I deleted the password..and I delete the file too..as a second option...the problem is still there...
I think Iīve blocked the incoming connections...and that is why the webinterface doesnīt open...

What Firewall and anti-virus are you using? Try switching the Firewall off for a short period and try again.

toby10
2009-04-02, 03:42

That's what I was suspecting. But blocking should only affect remote access to your SC7, blocking should not affect SC7 direct access from the server computer itself.

Ramage
2009-04-02, 05:14
That's what I was suspecting. But blocking should only affect remote access to your SC7, blocking should not affect SC7 direct access from the server computer itself.

If ip blocking been enabled on SC7, localhost 127.0.0.1 could be blocked.

If you are using a browser on the server PC (localhost), try accessing from another cpmputer on your local network (e.g laptop)

If you get in, go to Squeezecenter Settings > Advanced > Security > Block Incoming Connections - Unblock.

Ramage
2009-04-02, 05:29

If you are using a browser on the server PC (localhost), try accessing from another cpmputer on your local network (e.g laptop)

If you get in, go to Squeezecenter Settings > Advanced > Security > Block Incoming Connections - Unblock.

Allowed IPs are contained in:

C:\ProgramData\Squeezecenter\slimserver.pref. Search for allowedHosts (line 24 or so)

It should contain 127.0.0.1 and look like

"allowedHosts: 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.2"

If not, edit and insert 127.0.0.1

toby10
2009-04-02, 05:44

When I mistakenly set mine to Block it only affected remote access to SC via laptop. Direct access (launching SC on the server PC in which SC is located) I had no trouble getting in.

Ramage
2009-04-02, 07:21
When I mistakenly set mine to Block it only affected remote access to SC via laptop. Direct access (launching SC on the server PC in which SC is located) I had no trouble getting in.

Presumably the default IP 127.0.0.1 was in the allowedHosts field in your case, the OP could have mistakenly deleted it.

Tirionvalar
2009-04-03, 00:22
..too late....I reinstalled....everything...Thank you for your support guys.