PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get used squeezebox to forget old squeezenetwork settings

Superchunk
2009-03-29, 07:47
Hi guys - I just got my first squeezebox so I'm pretty new to this, but I did search around fairly well and found no answers to this, so sorry if this is an old/easy one.

I just bought a used Squeezebox 3 (classic?). Everything is set up fine, except I can't setup the Squeezenetwork (I'll be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what that is, but it seems useful). As far as I can tell, when I connect to the Squeezenetwork it reverts to a previous owners settings - there is an email in there... The pin it gives me gives an error about registration conflict or some such thing. When I log onto the squeezenetwork there are also some saved favorites there - all of the same type of music (making me thing they aren't samples, but someones favorites).

Can you think of any way of removing this other person's account and setting up my own (if that is the problem?). I've tried resetting to default settings, no dice.

I don't really understand the nature of hte issue, but there is definitely some issue.

Thanks folks.

Edit: Sorry, realized should be in the 'beginner' forum.

toby10
2009-03-29, 08:18
Hi guys - I just got my first squeezebox so I'm pretty new to this, but I did search around fairly well and found no answers to this, so sorry if this is an old/easy one.

I just bought a used Squeezebox 3 (classic?). Everything is set up fine, except I can't setup the Squeezenetwork (I'll be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what that is, but it seems useful). As far as I can tell, when I connect to the Squeezenetwork it reverts to a previous owners settings - there is an email in there... The pin it gives me gives an error about registration conflict or some such thing. When I log onto the squeezenetwork there are also some saved favorites there - all of the same type of music (making me thing they aren't samples, but someones favorites).

Can you think of any way of removing this other person's account and setting up my own (if that is the problem?). I've tried resetting to default settings, no dice.

I don't really understand the nature of hte issue, but there is definitely some issue.

Thanks folks.

Edit: Sorry, realized should be in the 'beginner' forum.

Have the original owner login to www.SqueezeNetwork.com and delete your SB3. Or, if seller is willing, give you the login info and you can delete the player under Players tab.

Then you create a SN account, register your account, then re-register your SB3 via instructions with your new SN account.

If the original owner is not willing to cooperate you will need to call SD support and they can un-register your player from the sellers account.