PDA

View Full Version : Playlists grow extra arms and legs...

Howard Passman
2009-03-28, 12:26
Sorry, couldn't figure out how to word the title and had already tried this in the SC forum. Here's my issue:

My playlists create duplicate songs by themselves. I can create a playlist with 30 songs and every time I open it, there are more songs in the form of duplicate entries. I've checked and double checked and that is what is happening. The only caveat is, it only seems to occur to checklists with large numbers of songs in them. 10 songs or so are fine. Much more than 20 and it starts ocurring.

Anyone seen this behavior? Anyone cured it?

SC 7.3.2 Windows XP Pro

Howard

ModelCitizen
2009-03-29, 01:57
Well, that's the weirdest thing. I make loads of playlists over 20 songs and I've *never* had anything like this happen to me. Are the paths to the duplicates the same?

MC

Howard Passman
2009-03-29, 04:43
Well, that's the weirdest thing. I make loads of playlists over 20 songs and I've *never* had anything like this happen to me. Are the paths to the duplicates the same?

MC

You're telling me :-) At first I thought it was because I was using Foobar to modify some of the metadata, but then I ruled that out by not using Foobar for a while. Every time I play one of those playlists, it adds duplicates. Odd thing is, I haven't seen the behavior in the shorter lists.

Yep, the paths are the same.

Anyone??

Howard

Nonreality
2009-03-29, 12:53
You're telling me :-) At first I thought it was because I was using Foobar to modify some of the metadata, but then I ruled that out by not using Foobar for a while. Every time I play one of those playlists, it adds duplicates. Odd thing is, I haven't seen the behavior in the shorter lists.

Yep, the paths are the same.

Anyone??

HowardI think Howard is just getting enthralled listening to his Boom and adds songs when he is in a hypnotic state and never remembers. We've read your past posts you know Howard. :)

Howard Passman
2009-03-29, 13:16
I think Howard is just getting enthralled listening to his Boom and adds songs when he is in a hypnotic state and never remembers. We've read your past posts you know Howard. :)

:-) the 60's are far behind me now.

I do 95% of my listening through the SBC and headphones. Now Playing is where I started noticing it first. Then I used Foobar to open the playlist, sorted by title and then saw all of the duplicates. I then removed the dups using "remove duplicates" in Foobar.

Trust me, I always double check myself on stuff like this because after all, I was a 60's kid :-)