PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't access my user CP options

bobkatz@digido.com
2009-03-27, 09:11
I don't know what other forum to post this in. I am properly logged in, but while I can get to my user CP and edit my email, I cannot edit my details or options. It comes up with a message that I am trying to do something which only an administrator can do and implies I'm trying to post in a forum or something.

Ironically, the detail I wanted to check was if the option to send emails to me was turned on so I will receive email notice of replies in the forums! So if an administrator sees this message, please reply here but also help me by replying via standard email to bobkatz[atsign]digido.com

Thanks,

BK

Mark Lanctot
2009-03-27, 10:13
(copied by e-mail shortly)

Hello Bob:

I've checked your user profile, everything appears in order. You are listed as a Registered User, your e-mail address matches the one listed in your message, and you have the option "Automatic Thread Subscription Mode" set to "Instant email notification". This should send replies to all your subscribed threads to you via e-mail - including this one.

I can see no reason why you would be receiving such an error message. The forum software was recently updated, it's possible there are a few settings that are amiss. It could also be the forum software does not like the special character in your user name. I'm hoping another moderator finds something I missed!

Goodsounds
2009-03-27, 10:17
...... bobkatz[atsign]digido.com......

Sorry, but I think it's funny that you disguise the "at" character in your posting, when your user name is your normal email address.

bobkatz@digido.com
2009-03-27, 19:18
Sorry, but I think it's funny that you disguise the "at" character in your posting, when your user name is your normal email address.

Whoops, right you are... I had not paid attention to the fact the user name was displayed that way. Well, it's too late to change it, here comes the spam...

Anyway, from a different computer this evening I find I am now able to access the entire CP with no trouble. Perhaps it was a temporary phenomenon.

Thanks all for your help,

Bob