PDA

View Full Version : Transporter responds to Play command with pwr off

bobkatz@digido.com
2009-03-27, 09:03
I don't know what other forum to put this in. I find that with the latest software, the Transporter responds to an IR "Play" command even when the PWR is off. I think that "PWR" should be a true "dead event" so that you have to press PWR again before the transporter should play. I've had days where I'll come in and find the Transporter playing away when I knew I had previously shut it off. Probably someone accidentily hit the play button on a remote. Can someone please pass this onto the developers? Thanks,

BK

SuperQ
2009-03-27, 11:09
Play on squeezeboxes have always turned "power on" and resumed the previous playlist. There is nothing wrong with this behavior. The Transporter is never Off, it's just a standby screensaver mode.

I'm sure you could easily write a plugin to do this behavior. Everything is controlled from SqueezeCenter, you can change the behavior yourself.

Mark Lanctot
2009-03-27, 11:57
However starting to play on its own (if that's what it is, not an IR command) shouldn't happen.

It did for a few people for a little while in the past but there's been few reports since:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40427

Unfortunately the problem was hard to trace at the time since it was intermittent and it seemed to go away on its own (very few reports about it since).

bobkatz@digido.com
2009-03-27, 19:26
However starting to play on its own (if that's what it is, not an IR command) shouldn't happen.

It did for a few people for a little while in the past but there's been few reports since:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40427

Unfortunately the problem was hard to trace at the time since it was intermittent and it seemed to go away on its own (very few reports about it since).

I am very aware that "pwr" is a standby mode, but I disagree that having the "play" command wake up the machine from its dormant state is a good idea. Previous to recent software updates I never saw this machine apparently spontaneously in play mode. I'll try to catch it in the act. Thanks for your help.