PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

martinomates
2009-03-27, 06:03
Anyone else in the UK bought one of these sets and disappointed with the lack of regional stations? I can easily get BBC Radio 1,2,3,4, five lives, 6, 7 etc but can't get BBC Radio Scotland or BBC Radio Alba, both of which are redaily available on my other (much cheaper) DAB radios and my computer.
Logitech seem unable to provide any help whatsoever.

autopilot
2009-03-27, 06:07
BBC Radio Scotland is available, how are you trying to find it?

martinomates
2009-03-27, 06:12
I've tried through the rest of the BBC channels and I've also tried manually entering the web link manually on my computer.

I do suspect it is user error but I can't find it. Please explain how to find it.

nacmacfeegle
2009-03-27, 06:17
Radio Scotland works fine for me via Alien BBC plugin. I'm sure I've also seen Radio Alba and Radio Nan Gael on the list. You may have to configure Alien BBC to get these but its easy to do via plugin settings.
I also use Radiofeeds to find radio stations such as Northsound, Radio Tay, and other local stations.

Hope you find it, Radio Scotland is probably my most listened to radio service.

Edit to add...If you are finding no joy, let me know either here or via PMs and I'll look out the stream adresses later on, or over the weekend, as I'm at work right now.

martinomates
2009-03-27, 06:23
Cheers for that. I too have to go to work so I'll have a ferret with this tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks again

bpa
2009-03-27, 06:25
SB canot play RealAudio format without a PC to transcode.

BBC national stations are available in WMA and RealAudio but AFAIK Regional and local radio are only available in RealAudio format.

AlienBBC plugin will provide the transcoding and provides links to all regional and local stations (under "Live Streams") as well as any "Listen Again" programs.

ModelCitizen
2009-03-27, 06:39
You'd probably find it simplest to install the "Radio feeds: UK & Ireland" plugin. This categorises radio stations very nicely, including by location.

You'll need to have AlienBBC installed first (which it seems like you have) and then go here:

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze.asp

and register to download the plugin.

I guess it goes without saying that once you've found your radio stations you should add them to you favourites (sorry).

MC

toby10
2009-03-27, 07:48
Anyone else in the UK bought one of these sets and disappointed with the lack of regional stations? I can easily get BBC Radio 1,2,3,4, five lives, 6, 7 etc but can't get BBC Radio Scotland or BBC Radio Alba, both of which are redaily available on my other (much cheaper) DAB radios and my computer.
Logitech seem unable to provide any help whatsoever.

SC7 > Internet Radio > Alien BBC (plugin)

SC7 > Internet Radio > Search > *type* Scotland *enter*

Both ways return BBC Scotland stations