PDA

View Full Version : Web problem with multilibrary & custom browse



QDon
2009-03-26, 21:56
I just installed Custom Browse 2.8 and Multi Library 2.3.1 under SC 7.3.2. This is the first time that I have installed these add-ins. They were installed via the Extension Downloader. When I access SC via my browser I get an error. I set up a library called Classical Library. When I go to Music Library/Classical Library/Albums I receive an error message in the bottom left of my browser (I.E. 7 under Win XP). Additionally not all of the albums are displayed. This happens with any custom library I have set up and not just the Classical one. The bottom left of the browser window says "Done, but with errors on the page". I tried to copy the message correctly. It is:

Line: 279
Char: 26
Error: Expected identifier, string or number
Code: 0
URL: http://wall-e:9001/plugins/CustomBrowse/custombrowse_list.html?
player=b6%3A46%3A42%3A38%3Af4%
3A74&&hierarchy=group_Clasical%
20library,multilibrary_classical_ml_albums&group_Clasical% 20library=&multilibrary_classical_ml_albums=multilibrary_clas sical_ml_albums&mainBrowseMenu=1

Any ideas?

QDon
2009-03-28, 23:11
No one has any ideas?

QDon
2009-04-07, 21:57
No one? Erland don't you monitor these forums?

erland
2009-04-08, 11:05
It's a bug, it's not high priority since I'm not using IE7 myself, but patches are always welcome if someone like to help.

QDon
2009-04-08, 19:08
Strange that you wouldn't want to fix a bug with your apps on the most popular browser. I didn't say it was the best and it is losing market share but it is still the most widely used browser. My programming skill don't include perl or I'd gladly look at the code.

erland
2009-04-08, 20:31
Strange that you wouldn't want to fix a bug with your apps on the most popular browser. I didn't say it was the best and it is losing market share but it is still the most widely used browser. My programming skill don't include perl or I'd gladly look at the code.

If it just was up to what I wanted it would be fixed immediately, the problem is that I'm doing this on my spare time, since my spare time is limited I have to prioritize the things I use myself.

All my computers run Linux or Mac OSX as their main operating system, so fixing things that requires me to run Windows (which IE7) always requires extra work.

The problem is not in the perl code, it's in the HTML code since the browser complains, so if anyone wants to help it's enough to view the HTML source code in IE7 and identify what the problem is in the HTML code.

QDon
2009-04-08, 20:50
Understood. BTW, thanks for the great add-ons.

Don

MikeMcr
2009-04-10, 03:04
Just to add that this problem also occurs with IE8 final.