PDA

View Full Version : Napster - Now Playing List issue

Flipper
2009-03-25, 18:07
Signed up for the Napster trial and the whole family is enjoying it.

I noticed an issue this evening while scrolling through my now playing list on the SB controller. I selected an album with approximately 21 tracks. If I attempt to scroll through all of the tracks in the now playing list, I can never get past track 14 or 15. At this point the scrolling stops. If I continue to scroll forward I get the audible feedback that I have moved on to the next track but the display does not update. If I continue to scroll forward eventually I end up back at the top of this list and then the display updates.

Has anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

Flipper
2009-03-29, 10:46
Noticed another issue that happens periodically.

When playing a playlist or album via Napster, at times the song will not advance as expected. When I check out the now playing screen the time remaining in the song is counting down from I assume one hour as the time remaining always says 59:xx when this happens. If I advance the track manually then it works fine.

Not noticing this or my previously posted issue when using SC.

Note that in the past I did notice this song advance issue with SC but I have not had the happen in a couple releases of SC now.

pippin
2009-03-29, 10:59
Were you playing in random mode? Could it be this bug:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11411

Flipper
2009-04-02, 05:04
I'm not sure. It could be for the first problem I reported. I will play around a bit to recreate the problem and check the list carefully. Part of the problem of course is going to be that I can't scroll through the entire list to see all of the playlist.

For the second issue I reported, there are no extra items in the playlist. Would they show up on the controller? What I see from the controller is the time to play for the song that just finished changes to 59:xx and starts counting down again. I have not waited the hour to see if the next song will play after that or not.

pippin
2009-04-02, 05:12
I'm not sure. It could be for the first problem I reported. I will play around a bit to recreate the problem and check the list carefully. Part of the problem of course is going to be that I can't scroll through the entire list to see all of the playlist.

For the second issue I reported, there are no extra items in the playlist. Would they show up on the controller? What I see from the controller is the time to play for the song that just finished changes to 59:xx and starts counting down again. I have not waited the hour to see if the next song will play after that or not.

No IIRC the items do NOT show up, yet they are in the playlist (on the server and player) and that's exactly what inhibits the progressing.
You can see them in the communication logs and, I'm not sure, but I think also they will be shown in the number of tracks, so you will see a playlist with 11 items and NowPlaying says "1 of 12" or something like that.