PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlay?

sredmyer
2009-03-23, 17:21
I have a Duet and a PC (setup with SqueezePlay). The duet connects to my server (a Win2K3 box running SqueezeCenter) but for some reason the PC cannot connect. The PC is not wireless it is connected to the LAN via Cat5 cable. It is connected to the server in all other ways (mapped drives, ActiveDirectory, etc.) but when I start SqeezePlay it can not connect. I remeber when I setup the Duet and it's contrller I had to set some settings (I believe those were just wireless settings IIR).

Are there any settings for SqueezePlay which I need to set?
If there are settings how do I get to them?

Thanks,

pippin
2009-03-24, 01:45
Is your computer probably configured on a different subnet (as in 192.168.0.x vs. 192.168.1.x)? In that case you will have to enter the server's IP address manually (in SP).

sredmyer
2009-03-24, 04:30
Is your computer probably configured on a different subnet (as in 192.168.0.x vs. 192.168.1.x)? In that case you will have to enter the server's IP address manually (in SP).

No that is not it...everything on the same subnet.

How would I go about setting the IP manually in SP? I have not seen any way to do any configuring of the software. Is there some settings or configuration file that can be manually edited?

pippin
2009-03-24, 05:06
Settings->Music Source->Other Server

Mnyb
2009-03-24, 10:21
I have a Duet and a PC (setup with SqueezePlay). The duet connects to my server (a Win2K3 box running SqueezeCenter) but for some reason the PC cannot connect. The PC is not wireless it is connected to the LAN via Cat5 cable. It is connected to the server in all other ways (mapped drives, ActiveDirectory, etc.) but when I start SqeezePlay it can not connect. I remeber when I setup the Duet and it's contrller I had to set some settings (I believe those were just wireless settings IIR).

Are there any settings for SqueezePlay which I need to set?
If there are settings how do I get to them?

Thanks,

The PC's firewall ? for SC port 9000 is enough but SP needs more.

3483 TCP
3483 UDP
9000 TCP
( 9092 ) ?
( 9090 ) ?

sredmyer
2009-03-24, 14:24
The PC's firewall ? for SC port 9000 is enough but SP needs more.

3483 TCP
3483 UDP
9000 TCP
( 9092 ) ?
( 9090 ) ?

Good thought but I have the firewall turned off on the machine in question.

sredmyer
2009-03-24, 14:59
Settings->Music Source->Other Server

First there is no "Settings" menu that I can get to. This PC (SP) has never successfully connected to SC.

SP starts out on a screen asking what language I want. After selecting "English", I get a Welcome screen which says "Lets get started by getting you connected to your network and music" then prompts me to press the right arrow key when I am ready to continue. When I press the right arrow key I am taken to the Music Source page. This page lists my server (which is aptly named "server") and "Other Server". Selecting serve causes the app to attempt to connect but after many attempts it is for not able to. Selecting "Other Server" takes me to a page that allows me to enter the IP address of the server. When I do this, and then press the right arrow key to continue I am again delivered to the Music Source page. However, this time the two items in the list are; the just entered IP and the "Other Server" item. Selecting the newly entered IP does nothing; I see the page look as though it is trying to change but nothing actually happens.

The interesting thing (at least to me) is that SP obviously connected at some level to my server as it was automatically aware of its presence...I never told SP that my servers name was "server" it (SP) came up on initial run with that listed in the Music Sources list.

Thanks,
Steve

Pale Blue Ego
2009-03-29, 11:20
First there is no "Settings" menu that I can get to. This PC (SP) has never successfully connected to SC.

SP starts out on a screen asking what language I want. After selecting "English", I get a Welcome screen which says "Lets get started by getting you connected to your network and music" then prompts me to press the right arrow key when I am ready to continue. When I press the right arrow key I am taken to the Music Source page. This page lists my server (which is aptly named "server") and "Other Server". Selecting serve causes the app to attempt to connect but after many attempts it is for not able to. Selecting "Other Server" takes me to a page that allows me to enter the IP address of the server. When I do this, and then press the right arrow key to continue I am again delivered to the Music Source page. However, this time the two items in the list are; the just entered IP and the "Other Server" item. Selecting the newly entered IP does nothing; I see the page look as though it is trying to change but nothing actually happens.

The interesting thing (at least to me) is that SP obviously connected at some level to my server as it was automatically aware of its presence...I never told SP that my servers name was "server" it (SP) came up on initial run with that listed in the Music Sources list.

Thanks,
Steve

I'm having the exact same problem. SqueezePlay correctly finds the server (shire.clarkconnect.lan), but times out trying to connect. If I enter the correct IP address (192.168.0.9), it lists it but won't even attempt to connect - pressing enter just results in a hard stop. There are no firewalls on the PC or the server.

Is there any way to get to the settings on SqueezePlay?

iisfaq
2009-09-17, 15:56
I'm having the exact same problem. SqueezePlay correctly finds the server (shire.clarkconnect.lan), but times out trying to connect. If I enter the correct IP address (192.168.0.9), it lists it but won't even attempt to connect - pressing enter just results in a hard stop. There are no firewalls on the PC or the server.

Is there any way to get to the settings on SqueezePlay?

I also have this problem when running on my server OS - my server is Windows Server 2008 x64

Windows Firewall turned off on the server.

It is working fine from my Windows 7 RTM machine

SqueezePlay writes two log files to the %temp% folder which on my machine resolves to "C:\Users\ccrowe\AppData\Local\Temp\2"

The Error Log does not contain much but the stdout log writes huge amounts of info - at one point 328MB

I deleted both files and loaded SqueezePlay

I loaded SqueezePlay and clicked English and then next and next and was shown the name of my server to connect to. I exited the app and stdout-squeezeplay.txt was 28KB

I repeated and left it trying to connect until I got the message about it not being able to connect. I shut it down and the log file was 16MB

Here is a section of data from the stdout-squeezeplay.txt file

105213:18673 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 3.595 seconds
105213:18673 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 1.29 seconds
105213:18673 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 4.516 seconds
105213:18673 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 4.681 seconds
105213:18674 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 4.325 seconds
105213:18674 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 1.989 seconds
105213:18674 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 2.158 seconds
105213:18674 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 3.285 seconds
105213:18675 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 1.635 seconds
105213:18675 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 3.503 seconds
105213:18675 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 2.823 seconds
105213:18675 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 1.059 seconds
105213:18675 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 2.859 seconds
105213:18676 INFO (...m Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\jive\net\SlimProto.lua:586) - connection error: closed, reconnecting in 2.636 seconds

This sort of stuff is repeated about 120,000 times

I think I may try the latest nightly build of SqueezePlay and see if it makes a difference or not.

Chris

iisfaq
2009-09-17, 16:04
The 7.4 build of SqueezePlay requires that the server is also running 7.4

I am not sure I want to do that at the moment. But I probably will do this sometime soon.

chris