PDA

View Full Version : Now Playing Screensaver Problem?

TerryHawkins
2009-03-21, 00:39
For the last couple of years I have been running SlimServer on my NAS device, during this time when my Now Playing screensaver kicked in I could use the up and down arrows to browse the playlist.

I have since upgraded to SqueezeCenter, and after the Now Playing screensaver starts and I hit the up or down arrows, it just goes back to the menu I was on before. I have to press the Now Playing button or select it from the menu before I can browse the list.

Is this a setting that I've missed somewhere, or was this added into the latest firmware for some reason??

Many thanks

toby10
2009-03-21, 02:04
For the last couple of years I have been running SlimServer on my NAS device, during this time when my Now Playing screensaver kicked in I could use the up and down arrows to browse the playlist.

I have since upgraded to SqueezeCenter, and after the Now Playing screensaver starts and I hit the up or down arrows, it just goes back to the menu I was on before. I have to press the Now Playing button or select it from the menu before I can browse the list.

Is this a setting that I've missed somewhere, or was this added into the latest firmware for some reason??

Many thanks

SC7 > Settings > Player > Basic Settings > Screensaver When Playing

TerryHawkins
2009-03-21, 03:06
SC7 > Settings > Player > Basic Settings > Screensaver When Playing
The screensaver does work already, it just doesn't let me browse through the current playlist.

On my classic I just press the 'Now Playing' button and I can browse, however on my boom it's not so easy. On SS6 it would let me browse the list as soon as the screensaver kicked in.

toby10
2009-03-21, 03:50
The screensaver does work already, it just doesn't let me browse through the current playlist.

On my classic I just press the 'Now Playing' button and I can browse, however on my boom it's not so easy. On SS6 it would let me browse the list as soon as the screensaver kicked in.

Hmmmm..did you try both Now Playing Screensavers? Maybe the Jump to Now Playing would require only one extra arrow click on Boom?

I prefer Jump Back (to previous menu, sounds like this is how yours is functioning) so I'm not familiar with the Now Playing screensavers.