PDA

View Full Version : Simplify w Itouch vs Squeezebox

yesongs
2009-03-18, 07:47
On one of the music boards I saw that there is an app for the I-pod touch which seems to do a similar job using the I-touch which has picqued my curiosity

It goes a step further, you can log into your library form anywhere that has an internet connection

I have an 8 gig I-touch that I never use, (it was a throw in with an Apple purchase), but I don't want to reinvent the wheel - I have a duet with two recievers, and after some initial issues they have been rock solid so I'm very happy but am curious if either is better as far as sound quality

Google searches have revealed precious little, so I thought I'd ask here

Another plus is that you can use Winamp to manage your collection vs the dreaded I-tunes

TIA

Eddie

Sam Lowry
2009-03-18, 08:28
On one of the music boards I saw that there is an app for the I-pod touch which seems to do a similar job using the I-touch which has picqued my curiosity

It goes a step further, you can log into your library form anywhere that has an internet connection

I have an 8 gig I-touch that I never use, (it was a throw in with an Apple purchase), but I don't want to reinvent the wheel - I have a duet with two recievers, and after some initial issues they have been rock solid so I'm very happy but am curious if either is better as far as sound quality

Google searches have revealed precious little, so I thought I'd ask here

Another plus is that you can use Winamp to manage your collection vs the dreaded I-tunes

TIA

Eddie

If you're talking about this: http://www.simplifymedia.com/iphone20.html

Then yes, it works pretty well. It's been nice to have when I'm not at home. If you have a decent wi-fi connection, it works.

yesongs
2009-03-18, 11:49
If you're talking about this: http://www.simplifymedia.com/iphone20.html

Then yes, it works pretty well. It's been nice to have when I'm not at home. If you have a decent wi-fi connection, it works.

How would you say the sound quality is opposed to the Squeezebox?

Any pros / cons?

E

paulisded
2009-03-22, 20:37
How would you say the sound quality is opposed to the Squeezebox?

Any pros / cons?

E

Well, Simplify doesn't play lossless files.

I have Simplify on my itouch, and it's great for sitting at work or at a coffee shop. I have a huge library, though, so it takes a long time to refresh the library. Simplify also allows you to add "friends" and access their libraries.