PDA

View Full Version : Moving SqueezeCenter Recover Trackstat

BodgeIT
2009-03-16, 05:02
Hi Erland,
Apologies if you find a similar thread somewhere else, I thought I had finished and posted it but can't seem to find it anywhere.
I did add to this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=52937&page=3 but didn't want to hijack it to find a solution to my issue hence starting this one.

The issue I have is having recently migrated my SC from unix to windows I wanted to reimport old trackstat info into my new build.

SC is now scanning a remote smb share rather than a local unix path.

The urls from my backups looks like this:
<url>file%3A%2F%2F%2Fmnt%2Fstorage%2FFTPRoot%2FRoot%2FT UNEZ%2FA%2520Tribe%2520Called%2520Quest%2FBeats%2C %2520Rhymes%2520And%2520Life%2F01%2520-%2520Phony%2520Rappers.mp3</url>

which reads: <url>file:///mnt/storage....

The urls in NEW trackstat info with my current config look like this:
<url>file%3A%2F%2F%2F%2FAtlantis%2Fstorage%2FFTPRoot%2F Root%2FTunes%2FA%2520Tribe%2520Called%2520Quest%2F Beats%2C%2520Rhymes%2520And%2520Life%2F01%2520-%2520Phony%2520Rappers.mp3</url>

which reads: <url>file:////atlantis/storage.....

I would have expected the '/' in the unix path but am surprised to see them throughout the smb unc? Shouldn't there be any '\' in there?

The reason I ask is that I seem to have problems importing the old data.
The import seems to go OK but no info is imported and I'm wondering if I'm messing the data up somewhere.

snarlydwarf
2009-03-16, 08:31
I would have expected the '/' in the unix path but am surprised to see them throughout the smb unc? Shouldn't there be any '\' in there?

Nope, that's normal for Perl. (\ is magical in Perl and C... for some reason DOS liked the backslashes which makes "\n" and other things suck in languages that came from the Unix world...)

Many C compilers do the same thing, making "/" the directory seperator instead of "\" to make programmers brains not explode. If it didn't, it would need to escape each of those \'s to \\ to make sure they were handled right... and that would be.. painful.

erland
2009-03-16, 11:22
The reason I ask is that I seem to have problems importing the old data.
The import seems to go OK but no info is imported and I'm wondering if I'm messing the data up somewhere.

Do you get any errors in the SqueezeCenter log file ? It's found in SqueezeCenter Settings/Advanced/Logging.

I assume you have waited for the restore operation to finish ? It will run in the background and you should get a message in the log file when it's finished.

The double // isn't a problem, UNC paths are stored that way internally.

mle
2009-03-16, 17:30
I found an old laptop and put on VortexBox as a NAS -

http://vortexbox.org/

Works!! (amazing I have no idea about Linux).

I now want to install all my plugins on the Linux VortexBox.

I now want to ensure that all my TrackStat is copied over for my large music library. Possible also for Dynamic Playlists etc.

I have found the thread about where files are located -

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeCenter_File_Locations

but logic suggests if I copy all config files the paths to the files will be wrong.

So what do I copy to keep data?

Any help would be appreciated.

mle
2009-03-16, 17:47
Title says it - it was to be a new topic but I also posted here when reading

BodgeIT
2009-04-24, 04:14
I finally sorted this issue out.
The reason I was having problems was not related to Trackstat but to the array from where I had my backups stored. This was falling over.

I have now successfully re-imported all my old stats by:
Editing the backup and modifying paths
Using the Restore function in the Trackstat settings

Phew...couldn't live without them!!!