PDA

View Full Version : Napster tracks not advancing

kidstypike
2009-03-13, 14:40
I've just taken advantage of the 30 day free trial offer from Napster, I've installed the plugin for SqueezeCenter, via the Extension downloader. Everything seems to work OK, except that I have to advance to the next track by pressing the >> button on the remote, or the controller. Only about one in ten tracks advances automatically to the next track in the playlist. Anyone else seeing this problem.

kidstypike

herts101
2009-03-14, 11:16
Yes - same thing here. It's annoying.

kidstypike
2009-03-14, 12:41
Yes - same thing here. It's annoying.

You said it!
I'm still seeing the same behaviour, I'm glad I've not parted with any cash yet for this service, even 'free' is a bit overpriced as it is! I'm not sure where to ask for advice on this, is it Napsters problem, or an SB fault, or maybe a setting I have wrong.

kidstypike

DoomWolf
2009-03-14, 16:43
You're lucky you at least have it working at all. My Napster trial has been going for two weeks and, apart from the first day, it hasn't worked at all. Anything not in my Napster library won't play, and I can't add anything else to the library. In my experience this 'free' trial is more than I would be willing to pay.

I'm waiting on Spotify to make it to Squeezenetwork (and the Apple App Store so I can add it my iPod Touch - something Napster will also never do). The Spotify client is great, huge availability of music and fast reliable streaming.

MikeMcr
2009-03-22, 10:53
Any news on a fix for the track sticking problem? Is the fault with Naspter or SqueezeCenter?

browellm
2009-04-15, 10:12
Would like to bump this, as I'm seeing the same behaviour with my implementation. Haven't tried over SN yet, but it's doing it with SC.

PaulR
2009-04-15, 12:13
It was fixed for me when I updated to the latest (nightly) squeezecenter 7.3.3 beta release.

browellm
2009-04-15, 13:43
It was fixed for me when I updated to the latest (nightly) squeezecenter 7.3.3 beta release.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Edit: Yes, this fixed it. Thank you.