PDA

View Full Version : Alienstream crashing slimserver



John Markham
2004-05-17, 06:23
Hi,

I have installed ( built ) the alienstream plugin on my RedHat9 system and
all *seems* to be ok - have installed the xine libs too.

I am using Softsqueeze to access the Alienstream plugin - when I try to open
a realplayer link ( saved in my alienstream playlists folder ) it crashes
the slimserver ( 5.1.5 )

Can anyone suggest anything that I may be doing wrong ?

Thanks, John.

Peter Heslin
2004-05-18, 05:32
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:23:34PM +0100, John Markham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed ( built ) the alienstream plugin on my RedHat9 system and
> all *seems* to be ok - have installed the xine libs too.

So can you play this stream by hand, using the alienstream helper?
Can you play it via a hardware client?
>
> I am using Softsqueeze to access the Alienstream plugin - when I try to open
> a realplayer link ( saved in my alienstream playlists folder ) it crashes
> the slimserver ( 5.1.5 )
>
> Can anyone suggest anything that I may be doing wrong ?

I've never used softsqueeze, but you could post some more details: URL
of the stream, any server error messages relating to the crash.

Error handling is not yet very good with alienstream, a problem I am
aware of.

Peter

John Markham
2004-05-18, 06:44
Ah, good point !

Ok, I have created a file called "bbclondon.ra" in my AlienStream subfolder
of my saved playlists folder.

The contents of bbclondon.ra is;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/live/fmg2.ram

When I use the Alienstream plugin with softsqueeze and select "bbclondon", I
get a message from SS saying it has lost connection with the server - the
server has infact died - no messages or anything else I can find !

Any advice appreciated !

John.






"Peter Heslin" <slimp3 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk>
wrote in message news:20040518123209.GC20651 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk...
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:23:34PM +0100, John Markham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed ( built ) the alienstream plugin on my RedHat9 system
and
> > all *seems* to be ok - have installed the xine libs too.
>
> So can you play this stream by hand, using the alienstream helper?
> Can you play it via a hardware client?
> >
> > I am using Softsqueeze to access the Alienstream plugin - when I try to
open
> > a realplayer link ( saved in my alienstream playlists folder ) it
crashes
> > the slimserver ( 5.1.5 )
> >
> > Can anyone suggest anything that I may be doing wrong ?
>
> I've never used softsqueeze, but you could post some more details: URL
> of the stream, any server error messages relating to the crash.
>
> Error handling is not yet very good with alienstream, a problem I am
> aware of.
>
> Peter

John Markham
2004-05-18, 06:50
I have noticed that after the server crashed, /var/log/messages contains;
..
..
..
May 18 14:42:45 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4110]: session opened for user root by
john(uid=500)
May 18 14:43:24 Saturn kernel: application bug: slimserver.pl(3233) has
SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
May 18 14:43:24 Saturn kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.
May 18 14:44:29 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4147]: session opened for user
slimserver by john(uid=0)
May 18 14:44:31 Saturn su: Argument "4'\nissymlin" isn't numeric in integer
multiplication (*) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Time/Local.pm line 26.
May 18 14:44:32 Saturn su: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 361.
May 18 14:44:33 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4147]: session closed for user
slimserver
May 18 14:44:33 Saturn slimserver: slimserver.pl startup succeeded
May 18 14:47:25 Saturn kernel: application bug: slimserver.pl(4168) has
SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
May 18 14:47:25 Saturn kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.
[root@Saturn log]# May 18 14:42:45 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4110]: session opened
for user root by john(uid=500)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
[root@Saturn log]# May 18 14:43:24 Saturn kernel: application bug:
slimserver.pl(3233) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
[root@Saturn log]# May 18 14:43:24 Saturn kernel: (see the NOTES section of
'man 2 wait'). Workaround activated.
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
[root@Saturn log]# May 18 14:44:29 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4147]: session opened
for user slimserver by john(uid=0)
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
[root@Saturn log]# May 18 14:44:31 Saturn su: Argument "4'\nissymlin" isn't
numeric in integer multiplication (*) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Time/Local.pm
line 26.
> May 18 14:44:32 Saturn su: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
/usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 361.
> May 18 14:44:33 Saturn su(pam_unix)[4147]: session closed for user
slimserver
> May 18 14:44:33 Saturn slimserver: slimserver.pl startup succeeded
> May 18 14:47:25 Saturn kernel: application bug: slimserver.pl(4168) has
SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
> May 18 14:47:25 Saturn kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.

Any ideas ?

"Peter Heslin" <slimp3 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk>
wrote in message news:20040518123209.GC20651 (AT) heslin (DOT) eclipse.co.uk...
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:23:34PM +0100, John Markham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed ( built ) the alienstream plugin on my RedHat9 system
and
> > all *seems* to be ok - have installed the xine libs too.
>
> So can you play this stream by hand, using the alienstream helper?
> Can you play it via a hardware client?
> >
> > I am using Softsqueeze to access the Alienstream plugin - when I try to
open
> > a realplayer link ( saved in my alienstream playlists folder ) it
crashes
> > the slimserver ( 5.1.5 )
> >
> > Can anyone suggest anything that I may be doing wrong ?
>
> I've never used softsqueeze, but you could post some more details: URL
> of the stream, any server error messages relating to the crash.
>
> Error handling is not yet very good with alienstream, a problem I am
> aware of.
>
> Peter