PDA

View Full Version : Auto rescanning of library

wiredsol
2009-03-10, 17:45
I seem to remember the ability to set squeezecenter to auto rescan the music library at set intervals? For the life of me I cannot find it now. I can initiate a manual rescan to find new entries, but there must be an auto function. Please advise and thank you.

JJZolx
2009-03-12, 16:23
I seem to remember the ability to set squeezecenter to auto rescan the music library at set intervals? For the life of me I cannot find it now. I can initiate a manual rescan to find new entries, but there must be an auto function. Please advise and thank you.

Go into Settings, Plugins tab and scroll down to Rescan Music Library. Make sure that it's checked (I don't recall whether if it is by default). If not, check the box and hit 'Apply'. You'll then have to restart SqueezeCenter before the plugin is functional. Then on that same page you must configure the rescan plugin's settings that are found by following the link (and also be found under Settings > Advanced > Rescan Music Library) . Make sure the rescan timer is turned 'on', set the time of day and the type of scan that you want to run.

Unfortunately the only interval available is once-per-day. I've configured mine to do a complete 'clear and rescan everything' every night, but my total scan time is under 30 minutes. If it were in the hours then the only practical option would be to schedule a 'new and changed' scan. The clear/rescan seems to keep things running very smoothly and it catches tagging changes that a new and changed scan will often miss.