PDA

View Full Version : Firmare Update??

joz
2009-03-10, 00:57
Hi guys I updated to the latest SqueezeCenter, I suppose because of the prompt.
Well now my player is still at version 113 and it isn't recognised by the latest version 7.3.2 of SqueezeCenter.

What can I do???It was working perfectly and i was happy.
Now I have no tunes and am miserable.
So without them talking to each other how can I update the player??

HELP!!!

Cheers Joz.

Mick Seymour
2009-03-10, 01:15
If you are on 113, that implies an SB3. From memory, you need to hold down the remote's brightness button to force the SB3 to update its firmware.

joz
2009-03-10, 01:19
Oops 7.3.2 Ill ammend that now.

Tried holding the brightness button but unfortunately nothing happened..

Mick Seymour
2009-03-10, 01:32
Interesting. The player should update.

Can you use the browser to look at SqueezeCenter? I'm just trying to establish that SC is running.

Does the SB3 connect to SqueezeCenter any more? If not, what is it telling you. If it does, what happens when you try to play music?

Just to be sure, do you have an older version of SC running on another machine that the SB3 might be connecting to in preference to the updated version?

Peter314
2009-03-10, 01:33
You might want to try the latest nightly version of 7.4. I installed that last weekend and all SBs were prompted to update by pressing and holding the brightness button.

All went smoothly and the latest nightly seems very stable.

joz
2009-03-10, 15:06
Interesting. The player should update.

Can you use the browser to look at SqueezeCenter? I'm just trying to establish that SC is running.

Does the SB3 connect to SqueezeCenter any more? If not, what is it telling you. If it does, what happens when you try to play music?

Just to be sure, do you have an older version of SC running on another machine that the SB3 might be connecting to in preference to the updated version?

SC is running fine atm,but it won't recognise the player at all.

The player goes through the whole setup and connects to the wireless network fine but can't find SC.

Feeling plenty of pain ...

You might want to try the latest nightly version of 7.4. I installed that last weekend and all SBs were prompted to update by pressing and holding the brightness button.

All went smoothly and the latest nightly seems very stable.

I may try this the on Friday (my next day off).
But I have spent hours on the phone to Logitech about this and will give them another try today,even they seem a bit perplexed.

sigh!

ModelCitizen
2009-03-10, 15:34
You might want to try the latest nightly version of 7.4.
That'll change when the new database schema is merged into it. I'd avoid 7.4 unless you like pain. I certainly wouldn't recommend others to upgrade to it.

MC

Peter314
2009-03-10, 16:51
That'll change when the new database schema is merged into it. I'd avoid 7.4 unless you like pain. I certainly wouldn't recommend others to upgrade to it.

MC

Sounds as if I got lucky. Still, if the OP is desperate enough...

ModelCitizen
2009-03-10, 23:23
Sounds as if I got lucky. Still, if the OP is desperate enough...
7.4 is slated for some major changes soon(ish), until these changes are merged in I believe it's not much different from 7.3.3 (if at all?).

I.e. there is little value in running 7.4 on your main (i.e. non-test) system... unless you are a masochist.

Have a look at the product development roadmap in the wiki for information about the slated changes.

MC

Peter314
2009-03-11, 11:47
Thanks, I had a look. There are indeed major developments afoot, and definitely not something I want to be an early adopter of.

There are already a scary number of posts about minor new versions along the lines of "since installing 7.x.y music sounds worse/server keeps rebooting/toaster caught fire/wife left me" kind of thing. Goodness knows what will happen when a whole shiny new database schema is unveiled for the masses. :)

Anyhoo, this is getting way OT, so I'll shut up.

CatBus
2009-03-11, 12:05
There are already a scary number of posts about minor new versions along the lines of "since installing 7.x.y music sounds worse/server keeps rebooting/toaster caught fire/wife left me" kind of thing.

Two things to remember:

- Unless you need a new feature or bugfix in a new release, there's really no reason to upgrade. If you have a system that's working flawlessly, why change it?

- Any given (non-beta) upgrade will work fine for >99% of users and break something for <1% of users. However, 100% of that <1% of users will complain about (as they should), making it appear to an outside observer that upgrades never go smoothly. On the contrary, upgrades almost always go smoothly.

joz
2009-03-11, 16:00
Fingers crossed now I think my player is updating..

Mick Seymour
2009-03-11, 23:48
Fingers crossed now I think my player is updating..

How did you get it to do that?

joz
2009-03-12, 18:39
How did you get it to do that?

Well for some reason the player although not recognising SC would still connect to the radio stations available via the player.

While connected to a local station,I pressed the brightness button and it upgraded the firwmware to 125 straightaway.

But anyhow the major culprit behind all my woes is Norton and its firewall.
While inplace it won't allow the player to be recognised by SC..

joz
2009-03-12, 22:36
Oh great!

Now I get the thing dropping out.

Veiwing SC while it drops out it seems to re buffer from scratch...

WOW,I'm so glad I upgraded the firm ware...NOT!

From a fault free device it has become the knife in my side.

joz
2009-03-15, 19:53
All running as it should atm.

I hope I havn't cursed myself now.

Peter314
2009-03-16, 04:54
Did you change anything since your previous post?

joz
2009-03-16, 15:13
Did you change anything since your previous post?

No,which is why I'm a little surprised that all is running well again.

At times when I did a ping test on the puter I lost some pakages,so I'm thinking while it was doing that it was giving the grief.

All seems fine now,touch wood.