PDA

View Full Version : Is gapless synching a reality?

Kyle
2009-03-09, 18:59
I'm several versions behind with SqueezeCenter. Do current versions synch gaplessly?

CatBus
2009-03-09, 21:05
Yes*

* There may be issues with certain players types or music formats, or combinations thereof. But generally speaking, it works. I can be less broad in my answer if you're more specific in your question.

Kyle
2009-03-10, 07:22
Yes*

* There may be issues with certain players types or music formats, or combinations thereof. But generally speaking, it works. I can be less broad in my answer if you're more specific in your question.

Playing flac files on two SB3's, unwired.

radish
2009-03-10, 09:42
Yes, gapless.

pbg
2009-03-12, 07:45
how about FLAC's on a wired Transporter, Duet and Softsqueeze? SoftSqueeze (3.7) seems to start out synched, but loses it after a song or so.

radish
2009-03-12, 07:47
It works for any hardware players (with the possible exclusion of slimp3 & SB1, I'm not sure about those). Software player sync is not guaranteed/supported (although it should be gapless, it may not be perfectly in sync with other players).

pbg
2009-03-12, 08:08
It works for any hardware players (with the possible exclusion of slimp3 & SB1, I'm not sure about those). Software player sync is not guaranteed/supported (although it should be gapless, it may not be perfectly in sync with other players).
Thanks Radish -
My experience so far has been perfect sync with the hardware players, but not so fortunate with Softsqueeze. It falls behind quite a bit - Probably even by a couple of seconds.

aubuti
2009-03-12, 12:23
Thanks Radish -
My experience so far has been perfect sync with the hardware players, but not so fortunate with Softsqueeze. It falls behind quite a bit - Probably even by a couple of seconds.
Lack of sync with software players is common because of latencies in the player software, sound card drivers, etc. But that experience isn't universal, as some people have managed to hit the right hardware/software combinations. There's a table somewhere in the wiki.