PDA

View Full Version : Duet Controller

Bastian
2009-03-09, 04:50
Hello,

I have a duet for around two weeks now. It is working fine, but I have a small problem with the controller.

In the evening, I put the controller to spleep using the house key. In the morning, I sometime have to press the house key several times to wake it up. I cannot determine what kind of press wakes it up. I tried a single short press, double short press, long press, etc. Eventually I get confirmation by lights coming on and a few seconds later I get the starup screen.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this problm known? I used the search capabilities, but I only found diffrent errors regarding the controller.

I am using Squeezecenter 7.3.2 and the corresponding firmwares.

Cheers,

Bastian

jasongilliland
2009-03-09, 11:24
I had the same problem with my first duet remote. I could not figure why it would not come on when I would press the button the first time. I tried different ways of pressing the home button thinking that was the problem and I was almost convinced that it was the button itself. I called support and they told me to reset everything and install latest firmware, I did that and the problem was not fixed. I sent in the remote for a new one and when I received the new one it did the same thing. I have since found that if you press the home button to turn it on, make sure that you are in the path of a direct signal from your wireless router. I do this and it seems to fire up on the first button push every time. I love the duet but this problem is very annoying and I have since decided to leave the duet on all the time. I just changed the setting on the back light so that it shuts off when dormant in the cradle. Hope this helps cause I was baffled by it for some time.
Jason

Bastian
2009-03-10, 08:50
Hello,

thanks for your answer. I will try it out this evening. Yesterday, I was successful by just pressing the button until the LEDs went on. ;-)

Cheers,

Bastian