PDA

View Full Version : Power Center and other x-10 devices.

wankykootiepooper
2009-03-07, 13:40
I've got powercenter running with Squeezecenter on a low power 500 MHz via c3 system running gentoo linux. This is a headless server running only Squeezeslave as a remote player.

I can turn my amp off and on, which is very nice. And I can fire off x-10 commands from heyu.

The PowerCenter page talks about:

"PowerCenter also provides a menu in the Controller's Extras menu for controlling "other" devices: it lists the "other" devices and allows you to turn them on or off (using menu choices or pressing "+" for off or Play for on while on a device line or looking at a screen listing options for a particular device), and brighten or dim (using menu options only)."

I assume this applies to ONLY the Squeezebox Controller, and that these menus don't show up in the web browser interface under Home--> Extras?

It would be nice to be able to control other X-10 devices from the web interface, and especially iPeng as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

peterw
2009-03-07, 19:19
The PowerCenter page talks about:

"PowerCenter also provides a menu in the Controller's Extras menu for controlling "other" devices: it lists the "other" devices and allows you to turn them on or off (using menu choices or pressing "+" for off or Play for on while on a device line or looking at a screen listing options for a particular device), and brighten or dim (using menu options only)."

I assume this applies to ONLY the Squeezebox Controller, and that these menus don't show up in the web browser interface under Home--> Extras?

Right, there's currently no web UI for sending PowerCenter commands to devices. It'll be a while before I add that (you're not the first person to ask), as I've got some higher priority tasks for PowerCenter. One of those tasks is reworking all the code for the different protocols (X10, Insteon) and controllers (CM17, CM11A, Insteon Device Manager) so that it's cleaner and easier to support more devices & controllers (personally I'm migrating most of my modules to Insteon, using an Insteon serial port controller that I plan to add Linux and Windows support for). The current code is pretty hairy and I'd much rather wait til my cleaner object/code model is in place before adding a web UI.

-Peter