PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Duet

Sheepdisease
2009-03-05, 15:19
Hello, I bought a Squeezebox Duet off someone second hand on eBay.

All is good until I try to add the Squeezebox to my SqueezeNetwork account, when the PIN is rejected. I get the message "There is a problem registering your player: a conflict exists with this player"s factory programmed ID. Please contact Logitech Support for assistance at www.squeezenetwork.com/support".

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I quickly remedy this?

toby10
2009-03-05, 16:43
Hello, I bought a Squeezebox Duet off someone second hand on eBay.

All is good until I try to add the Squeezebox to my SqueezeNetwork account, when the PIN is rejected. I get the message "There is a problem registering your player: a conflict exists with this player"s factory programmed ID. Please contact Logitech Support for assistance at www.squeezenetwork.com/support".

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I quickly remedy this?

Get the seller to remove that Duet from his SN account. Only other option is to do as instructed, call support and they can re-set it at their server.

Sheepdisease
2009-03-05, 16:46
Get the seller to remove that Duet from his SN account. Only other option is to do as instructed, call support and they can re-set it at their server.

Ah, thank you very much.

I will try to get in touch with the seller and let you know the results.

Sheepdisease
2009-03-06, 17:45
Is there a number I can call in the UK?

Moonbase
2009-03-06, 18:41
A-ha. So I must have been lucky when I bought my used (2-weeks-old) Duet?

When it came (A++ condition!), I just factory reset the SBC and the SBR and was up and running in a few minutes. No hassle, no PINs, no nothing :-)

toby10
2009-03-07, 02:57
A-ha. So I must have been lucky when I bought my used (2-weeks-old) Duet?

When it came (A++ condition!), I just factory reset the SBC and the SBR and was up and running in a few minutes. No hassle, no PINs, no nothing :-)

I'd guess either the seller removed it from his SN account, cancelled his entire SN account, or never registered it on SN. :)

toby10
2009-03-07, 03:04

They might be able to do this via email if you provide enough info to them(exact model, S/N, PIN, etc...). Worth a shot.

How much verification they do to insure these used units are not stolen I dunno. I'd hope they would (could?) contact the original owner via their registered SN email to verify the transfer.

This is why it is so much simpler for the seller to just remove that player from his SN account. :)

Mnyb
2009-03-07, 03:05

Don't know but why not email support and include the data from the sticker underneath it serial numbers p/n and pid and also the Mac address, which also on the sticker

Sheepdisease
2009-03-07, 03:44
Okay, thank you for your suggestions.

Could you please provide me with the contact email address I need (via PM if need be).

Thanks once again.

Mnyb
2009-03-07, 03:56
Okay, thank you for your suggestions.

Could you please provide me with the contact email address I need (via PM if need be).

Thanks once again.

There is a form on this page:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html#email

Edit. form http://slimdevices.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/slimdevices.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Just to keep the spammers away, they usually answers within a work day and support is really helpfull, you get automated answer by a bot first then you know that you have given them your correct email.
But areal person will answer later.