PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of old links in library

jgw911
2009-03-04, 12:36
Can anyone tell me how I delete old album entries in the music library (Duet)?

I started off by ripping a few albums in EAC but then discovered that dbpoweramp picks up the album covers too so re-ripped those albums again using that. I now have two versions of those in the music library. I tried deleting the old folders on my hard disk and getting the SqueezeCenter to 'clear library and rescan everything' but that hasn't sorted it...

Thanks

tcutting
2009-03-04, 12:53
My first suggestion would be the "clear and rescan everything" but you've apparently already done that...
What interface(s) do you see the multiple entries (controller, web interface, others?)
Also, how are your files organized? Are they all in a single main directory which Squeezecenter scans, or do you use any types of links?
Finally, it would be helpful to know more about your system: what version of squeezecenter, what OS is it running on.

As an aside, you don't need to re-rip to pick up album art. One of the easiest ways to add a few albums worth of album art is to search Amazon for the album - usually there is album art shown there. Find the best one, make sure you "view as larger image" if available, and "copy" that file using your web browser (from Internet Explorer, you can right-click on the image, and select "save picture as..." and then save to the folder with that album as either "cover.jpg" or "album.jpg" (assuming it's a JPG file, which most are). This also assumes your albums are in individual directories. A rescan from squeezecenter should pick up the artwork correctly.

jgw911
2009-03-04, 14:20
My first suggestion would be the "clear and rescan everything" but you've apparently already done that...
What interface(s) do you see the multiple entries (controller, web interface, others?)
Also, how are your files organized? Are they all in a single main directory which Squeezecenter scans, or do you use any types of links?
Finally, it would be helpful to know more about your system: what version of squeezecenter, what OS is it running on.

As an aside, you don't need to re-rip to pick up album art. One of the easiest ways to add a few albums worth of album art is to search Amazon for the album - usually there is album art shown there. Find the best one, make sure you "view as larger image" if available, and "copy" that file using your web browser (from Internet Explorer, you can right-click on the image, and select "save picture as..." and then save to the folder with that album as either "cover.jpg" or "album.jpg" (assuming it's a JPG file, which most are). This also assumes your albums are in individual directories. A rescan from squeezecenter should pick up the artwork correctly.

Thanks very much for your reply. Good tip about the album art - I hadn't thought of that.

I have now sussed the problem with the duplicate albums, after uninstalling and reinstalling SqueezeCenter unnecessarily (d'oh)!

It was all down to the integration with iTunes. I had previously ripped some albums using iTunes ages ago, but haven't used it for ages. SqueezeCenter was finding those as well as the ones I recently ripped into the Squeezecenter library folders. Unclicking the 'use iTunes' checkbox seemed to have no effect so I uninstalled iTunes completely. A quick rescan in Squeezecenter and all is now fine - phew!