PDA

View Full Version : Artist placement

badbob
2009-02-26, 15:22
Version: 7.4 - 25163, both on Qnap and my PC.

Tracy Chapman is not within "T" but under "C" I'm using Erland Custom Browse 2.7.1 But in standard Artist branch Tracy Chapman is again around "C" artists.

Simple Minds is under "S" not under "M" if the same bug is widespread.

Any idea? Tags are correct.

tcutting
2009-02-26, 16:27
Do you have any "ARTISTSORT" tags?
That can be used to, for example, cause "named" artists to sort by last name (Eric Clapton could have ARTISTSORT = "Clapton, Eric" whereby he gets sorted in the "C's" instead of "E's").
I believe that if ANY tracks of a particular artist has an ARTISTSORT tag set, then that tag will be used for all tracks by that artist.

badbob
2009-02-26, 16:47
Don't even know what artistsort tag is, I've opened up a few tagger apps and couldn't see artistsort. Haven't changed the file file since 7.3. I have not manually done anything in artistsort tag.

aubuti
2009-02-26, 17:09
Don't even know what artistsort tag is, I've opened up a few tagger apps and couldn't see artistsort. Haven't changed the file file since 7.3. I have not manually done anything in artistsort tag.
I think that mp3tag does not show ARTISTSORT by default, so unless you have set up a column to display it, you won't see if that tag is populated for any of your tracks. Look at the wiki (wiki.slimdevices.com) page on mp3tag for directions on how to show tags other than the standard ones that mp3tag displays. Like tcutting says, it could be any one Tracy Chapman track that is causing this behavior, so setting up the column in mp3tag is way better than looking individually track-by-track.

badbob
2009-02-26, 17:38
ok just installed mp3tag created artistsort and yes about half appeared to have entry in there. Will remove all from 25K files. Arrgh also means rescanning music on both qnap and pc.