PDA

View Full Version : Harmon Kardon AVR remote

defnk
2009-02-24, 04:20
hi Guys,
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR (an older 507 LE)
Is it possible for the remote for this AVR to control an SB3?

Thanks!

toby10
2009-02-24, 10:14
hi Guys,
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR (an older 507 LE)
Is it possible for the remote for this AVR to control an SB3?

Thanks!

Yes, if it is a programmable remote see if it has JVC-DVD IR codes. If it is a learning remote you will have to program each SB3 remote button separately.

I use a Yamaha AVR remote for SB3 use and it works beautifully! :)

defnk
2009-02-24, 16:42
Yes, if it is a programmable remote see if it has JVC-DVD IR codes. If it is a learning remote you will have to program each SB3 remote button separately.

I use a Yamaha AVR remote for SB3 use and it works beautifully! :)

Thanks Toby. It is programmable, I dont have the list of IR codes... any ideas if there is one available anywhere for HK? I;ve had no look searcng the web so far...
Cheers,

toby10
2009-02-24, 16:52
Thanks Toby. It is programmable, I dont have the list of IR codes... any ideas if there is one available anywhere for HK? I;ve had no look searcng the web so far...
Cheers,

No clue. :(

You might try an HK forum on the web for your model. Someone out there might just have the list. Did you try the HK user manual? I know my Yamaha AVR had all the codes by type and mfr near the back of the manual.

Worse case, if your remote is a learning remote as well (most programmable remotes do both), there are only so many SB3 remote buttons to program. Might take you less time to program each button (like 20 minutes) than researching for remote IR codes. I think you would have to do some individual learning buttons anyway as a JVC-DVD remote code(s) would not have some SB3 specific buttons like Brightness, shuffle, search, etc.. :)

defnk
2009-02-24, 17:11
No clue. :(

Worse case, if your remote is a learning remote as well (most programmable remotes do both), there are only so many SB3 remote buttons to program. Might take you less time to program each button (like 20 minutes) than researching for remote IR codes. I think you would have to do some individual learning buttons anyway as a JVC-DVD remote code(s) would not have some SB3 specific buttons like Brightness, shuffle, search, etc.. :)

Lost the list of codes years ago unfortunately :-(

I have time, so might look into programming the buttons....where do i start ?

Thanks for your help!

toby10
2009-02-25, 02:28

Thanks for your help!

Without the manual I couldn't tell you. :(

toby10
2009-02-27, 03:49

Thanks for your help!

Here is your H/K 507LE user manual:

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_support/SupportDetails.aspx?Region=USA&Country=US&Language=ENG&cat=&prod=AVR507/230&sjump=om&ky=F0D17E4C907010CB2A3808BD2BA3B723&#active

IR remote programming is included. :)